• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
This is one of the best threads on RWI.

Egidio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/10
Would love to know of a Watchsmith in the UK! Where are you Ron?

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
I did manage to find a local guy who did a bit of work on one of my earlier PAM's, he did a great job but managd to put the CG on upside down bless him. :lol:

Rich

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/09
If anyone knows of a UK based watchsmith that will work on reps please PM me.

Thanks.

apetrills

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/4/11
i Laughed so hardd when i first read this!!

bunbury

Known Member
9/2/11
Great post! Anyone happen to know a decent watchmaker in the San Francisco Bay Area? I've dealt with a couple whose work has been mediocre (necessitating return visits: basically band and battery jockeys) and a couple others whose prices would make a surgeon envious

villemus

22/2/11
if anyone happen to know any watchsmith in sydney australia, please let me know :)

gerritse

Horology Curious
10/9/10
does anyone no any trusted watchsmith in Goldcoast Australia? if so can you please PM me

njespo

29/3/06
Watch Repair Stamford CT

hi everyone, i am a long time rep buyer going way back to the days of TRC. I'm more of a reader than a poster and my last rep (GMT II) purchased was from Josh a couple of years ago. That said, a piece of the lume fell out and after making a couple of inquiries to either have the dial re-lumed or fixed i decided to check locally to see if there was something that could be done. lo and behold i discovered A2Z Watch and Clock repair just 15 minutes from where i live. I called and spoke to the owner (Igor) and he was very receptive to working on my rep. I went to his place of business and within 15 minutes, he disassembled my watch, re-glued the lume (which was floating around the inside of the dial) and I was on my way home. all for a VERY reasonable cost. This forum, and some of the other forums have saved me many $$ over the course of the 10+ years that i have been buying reps and i just wanted to share my good fortune with everyone. google the business name and you can check out his website. I believe he also does business via mail/ups/fed-ex, etc..

Reactions: silly_rabbi

jolla

Looking Around
8/2/11
If anyone has a recommendation for South Florida, please PM me! Thank you!