• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any broken movements out there?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Hi guys,

This might be an unrealistic request, so feel free to flame me if it is!

I'm starting to get really interested in watches and movements etc and want to learn more, how to repair them etc.

Currently I'm so new to this game that as of right now, I've never even changed a strap or taken the back off a watch! And as the only watches I have are (comparatively) expensive super reps, I don't want to start fiddling around inside them until I have a bit of a clue as to what I'm doing.

Does anyone happen to have any old watches/cases/movements lying around that they are literally going to throw away at some point? That hold no value to them whatsoever? That I can take off you for peanuts/postage/a drink just to open up and have a play with?

If that's unrealistic, any ideas where might be the best place to source super cheapo, broken movements?

Thank you!

Flame away!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
;n331487 said:
Hi guys,

This might be an unrealistic request, so feel free to flame me if it is!

I'm starting to get really interested in watches and movements etc and want to learn more, how to repair them etc.

Currently I'm so new to this game that as of right now, I've never even changed a strap or taken the back off a watch! And as the only watches I have are (comparatively) expensive super reps, I don't want to start fiddling around inside them until I have a bit of a clue as to what I'm doing.

Does anyone happen to have any old watches/cases/movements lying around that they are literally going to throw away at some point? That hold no value to them whatsoever? That I can take off you for peanuts/postage/a drink just to open up and have a play with?

If that's unrealistic, any ideas where might be the best place to source super cheapo, broken movements?

Thank you!

Flame away!

Didn't knew one could post as a guest ???
If you really want to train you can get cheap automatic watches from DHGate ... starting from 30$ shipped so there's no risk.