• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16800 COMEX Build

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Wow that is a really impressive build!

Thanks ...
Those days I'm working on a 16660 COMEX Sea-Dweller
Not for a friend or customer ... that one will stay on my wrist :p

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
I don't know how I ended up on this thread, but my, oh my! Not only you are mad talented, but a great writer as well. Do you have any visuals on the latest version of your build? I think not a lot of people would mind seeing how it looks today :D

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I don't know how I ended up on this thread, but my, oh my! Not only you are mad talented, but a great writer as well. Do you have any visuals on the latest version of your build? I think not a lot of people would mind seeing how it looks today :D

Unfortunately not and the watch is in Norway ... on my elder son's wrist ... so as I'm in France I can't just go and take a pic.
My son will come in France for Cgristmas so I'll ask him to take that watch with him and I'll take some close pics.

WilliamLawrenceLee

The Altar Boy
26/10/19
What a great story! Bravo!
This is my first post on this forum. And I couldn't help reading it.
I am at your son's age, and I've got toe sons myself. Hopefully I will be able to build a gift watch for my boys someday. Wow!!

Ellisg93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/20
Not sure how I stumbled across this post but following your story and some of the skills you have picked up and taught yourself is unbelievable. Looking forward to the next round of mods on this.
Your son is very lucky!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Not sure how I stumbled across this post but following your story and some of the skills you have picked up and taught yourself is unbelievable. Looking forward to the next round of mods on this.
Your son is very lucky!

Thank you ... the watch is still on my son's wrist and it will stay there for some time but I really consider building a better one for his next birthday ...
- JF 16610 watch case ... of course I'll drill the lugs and will consider having it re-engraved
- SH3135 movement
- Gen crown and tube
- Gen 16800 period correct glossy dial (or JF dial reprinted to T<25)
- Gen 16800 flat 4 bezel insert

Ellisg93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/20
Thank you ... the watch is still on my son's wrist and it will stay there for some time but I really consider building a better one for his next birthday ...
- JF 16610 watch case ... of course I'll drill the lugs and will consider having it re-engraved
- SH3135 movement
- Gen crown and tube
- Gen 16800 period correct glossy dial (or JF dial reprinted to T<25)
- Gen 16800 flat 4 bezel insert

Definitely let me know if you do this. I'm damn sure i'll follow that build!!

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA

Edited​

Last edited: