• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose Screw Solution 101

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I've seen several mentions lately of people having issues with screws coming loose from their new rep purchases, so I thought I'd share some insight regarding a solution I found while reading endlessly through RWI for months before buying my first rep.

These reps aren't run through a quality yield management department after they're put together; honestly, we're damn lucky we get the quality we do. So, there's a few things we need to do besides polishing and a spa treatment, and this is one of them.

Process is as follows:
1) Remove all screws that are functional.
2) don't lose any
3) put a drop of LocTite on a piece of paper.
4) hold screw in good jewelers tweezers (also rather cheap and quite useful), and dip only the tip of threads in LocTite.
5) immediately reinsert screw and snug into place.

Quite simply, the solution is LocTite. That being said, this ain't the LocTite your dad used putting together a 454 in the garage years ago. I too was unaware they made more than two grades!

You can order it online easily. It's a cheap insurance policy even if your screws aren't currently loose.

Hope this helps someone!

8b9e4d4c8a7f7ea75a1c6d221a97ff1e.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Oh yea, don't screw up and put full strength on your screws. Cause they ain't coming lose no matter what. I have found that there will almost always be a few loose screws on bracelets. I tighten every screw before I ever wear the watch.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I would further recommend that the bracelet and screws be cleaned and dried prior to use of loctite.

Also the loctite should be applied to the female end rather than the other, depending on bracelet style

Sent from the RWI App

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I would further recommend that the bracelet and screws be cleaned and dried prior to use of loctite.

Also the loctite should be applied to the female end rather than the other, depending on bracelet style

Sent from the RWI App

I was hoping that if someone tried this, they'd already have enough mechanical aptitude to figure that out for themselves!!! [emoji23] But you are absolutely correct my good man.

Sent from the RWI App