• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Heavily modded 16610 cheapie ... or "minutes of a shitinerand plastic surgery"

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Nice start to a interesting project. keep us posted.

I hope this gets you into his good books for many years to come! A lovely gesture :)

Awesome job, and for your father in law? Your a good man:) Hope they appreciate all the work your putting into it.

Wow, this is fantastic work. I wish you the best of luck in your search! I'm subscribing to this.

Very good work! I did not think it would look as good as it turned out in the finished pictures. Have you shared any of this with your father in law yet, or are you going to surprise him?

This was so good to read man..waiting for the result..really nice gesture i must admit

Wow! thats an amazing gesture. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks to "multiquoting" :cheese: I can respond you all.

I have to say my father-in-law is a very nice man and I like him.
We have very interesting conversations when we meet ... mainly watches, poker and wine.
Plus he's very ill and I really dont know how long he'll stay there, so anything I can do to make him happy is a real pleasure for me.

Finally I have a nice 16610 dial coming soon so I'll wait to receive it before putting everything together.
In the meantime I'll probably work a little more on the crystal and the case.
I should post the final result there next week so keep in touch :hi:

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
OMG!!!!Why there are so many posts????? Really sorry...
Salut mascob1 ... j'ai un peu mieux structuré mon post que sur le bar d'à côté
No problem about you multiposting ... but I would much prefer a "multi/autowash" with Milla Jovovich :hehehe:

and sorry ... forgot to thank you for the Cerium Oxide trick [emoji6]

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great gesture and excellent result considering where you started from :)

chianti999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/17
Great job and nice to read!
Im waiting for the final result and pictures..

mascob1

6/11/16
Salut mascob1 ... j'ai un peu mieux structuré mon post que sur le bar d'à côté
No problem about you multiposting ... but I would much prefer a "multi/autowash" with Milla Jovovich :hehehe:

and sorry ... forgot to thank you for the Cerium Oxide trick [emoji6]

No problemo.
C'est vrai que c'est plus clair ici qu'on the other side^^
Et pour Milla...:blushing:

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
No problemo.
C'est vrai que c'est plus clair ici qu'on the other side^^
Et pour Milla...:blushing:
Indeed ...
"on the other side" it was more a day by day thread, insights posted on the post.
My "16800 Comex build" thread was definitely more structured (still working on the english version).

Sent from the RWI App

Deepsea75

1/6/17
Pretty awesome work and pretty awesome son in law. Very impressive and funny to see that imprint on the caseback.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Great gesture and excellent result considering where you started from :)

Thanks @kilowattore ... considering the level of your builds (here and on other forums) the term "excellent" really means my work has been worthy.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
10 - CASE & BRACELET :

This morning I woke up in the wee hours so I had some time to work on that watch before SSB (Shave/Shower/Breakfast :smile:).
So I put the crystal and gasket baco in the midcase and the insert back on the bezel.
Add the caseback and crown, springbars.
So here is just a pic of the complete CASE & BRACELET.
At the moment I'm waiting for a nice 16610 dial to come so I let the movement and hands in their respective boxes.

First just a pic of how it looked ... stubby crownguards, a bracelet more tarnished than brushed and a loosy crown

And NOW ... really nice IMHO, despite the very bad light a 5pm
I'll take some better pics and wristshots with the movement and new dial cased in ... on friday if everything goes well.

Topdown89

10/6/17
This is a fantastic thread, what an awesome thing you're doing! Can't wait to see how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
Great work great gesture for the inlaws..
Try member rsh for a cheap dial..he usually got something laying around..post pics when you done..subscribe ;)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
This is a fantastic thread, what an awesome thing you're doing! Can't wait to see how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post

Sent from the RWI App

Great work great gesture for the inlaws..
Try member rsh for a cheap dial..he usually got something laying around..post pics when you done..subscribe ;)

Thank you all :smile:
She's waiting for its new dial ... thanks to @tripdog the plastic surgery will soon be completed, so I'll let you know with some wristchecks ... possibly Friday or Saturday
I just hope I wont brake a keyless while putting the stem back in the movement (they're always a risk ... unfortunately).

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Already said but this is a really great post.
Be sure to share this thread with your father in law so he appreciates the work you did, and the rep community.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Already said but this is a really great post.
Be sure to share this thread with your father in law so he appreciates the work you did, and the rep community.

Thanks @Radman
My father in law dont often goes on the net (except for playing poker in line ... he's still tough at that game) but when I'll give the watch back to him he will get a copy of my notebook describing all the process.
I did the same with the 16800 Comex I build for my elder son and he really appreciated that (I never posted a thread about that build but I HAVE to do that).

E92VS

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/6/14
Awesome read! This is coming out quite lovely. Good job.