• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The pilworx Penultimate Platinumizing Procedure

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Nice work JAFO !!!

Can we get a finger check too please ?

All accounted for, Cap'n!! And I only managed to cut myself one time.

Once I discovered that the pointy q tip thingies would remove small bits of paint, things got way easier.

LOL you know what i was expecting as an answer to that was right?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Middle-Finger.gif

finger check !

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Thanks a lot for this sharing after 4 years :) I was looking for gen insert on my v6s just because numbers are very greyish, they are way more close to white on a gen so you can spot a v6s from distance.

I will try this on my v6s noobs insert, hope this makes it more like gen

LozzaC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/16
What a great post! I think this might be the answer to my bezel insert paint issues! :whistling:

Thank you!

RHEFL

2/7/16
ITALY
but if i use only the lacquer thinner to sealing the paint it's a problem ? because he use lacquer thinner and spray lacquer but they don't have the same function ? [MENTION=42327]Raddave[/MENTION] do u help me mate ? :) thanks so much !

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
laquer thinner is a solvent, you cant seal it with that ....

Brammm

Supporter
Certified
14/9/15
Wow. Didn't had the time to finish but will read later on. Thx!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

HI guys, is there anything that is possible to be done in the UK as that paint its not really available here.

Dylan32

12/8/18
EU
Remove old paint slightly with acetone. After modding.....the bezel insert better clean with flat wooden rod about 5mm wide. Sorry for my bad english))

dubhdubhdubh

27/7/19
HOLY CATS this is great! Thanks so much for all your time and effort in writing this out!

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I just have to send you a HUGE thank you. I just did this mod on my noob V9 Sub build I’m working on and the early results are great. Going to let it cure now then do the sealant. Great write up and appreciate the work you put in and that you were kind enough to share it with us!
cdc0ecf13f8e45ab9c3e1ef1692fdc31.jpg

Yes, I left the pearl in but was confident in my steady hands to apply properly around it. Seems to be fine, but we’ll see once I finish it up how it turns out. Very excited so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Wow, what an incredible post. Just what I was hoping to find. I'm trying to whiten up an ARF SD43 bezel that's started to darken/gray. I'm going to try and dilute some white enamel paint and apply over the already grayish paint (sort of the opposite of what is proposed here). Hopefully it works the same as I'm hesitant to take on the task of digging out the old gray paint....seems like a lot of delicate, difficult work I'd like to avoid.

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Any new paints that are the same colour/effectiveness? Testers out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI