• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dials for a Stella Dial Project

lacquered333

Known Member
26/6/22
Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for this but here is the thing;

I want to build a stella dial inspired DD. I bascially sorted it all out but the devil is in the detail. I already gave up on finding affortable18239 rep dials for me to recycle (paint and reprint them) but I still need those applique elements which are found on them: The gold markers and the little dots. I'm willing to replace those interesting textured Rolex dots with some nail half beads or luminous dial dots but the gold markers are still an issue. My thinking was to buy old citizen eagle 7 or seiko 5 dials and recycle their gold markers, but from what I've seen they seem to be too flat compared to the genuine gold "ingots", so It would probably look fine if refurbished properly (maybe would plate them with gold) but still I wanted to ask anyway if anyone knows a better solution to this problem.

Maybe I've overseen something? Maybe there's actually is a nice supply for those pre 2000 era dial elements? Buying genuine and "ruin" them is not in my interest. Also because I don't intend to reprint the rolex brand on it or put a crown, so there is no need for that super clone vintage approach. Still should look awesome and marvelous.

I found blank dials here
http://www.kafa-precision.com/?paged=4&cat=1 (have to scroll down),
planing on hit the supplier up. Maybe he knows something. But I'm not even sure if he sells in reasonable numbers and isn't a wholesaler.

So for any advice I would be very thankful!!

Last edited:

lacquered333

Known Member
26/6/22
Probably found another workaround.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003745179333.html?spm=a2g0o.seodetail.topbuy.1.270c921d14layH

So those roman numerals are actually pretty interesting.

1. they are gold
2. they are shiny as hell
3. they are pretty high, not flat
4. You can break down most of the numerals into the BASIC "I" block!!!
= one dial delivers 16 hour markers, some X's and V's are left but who cares.
5. its a 28,5mm dial, so they have perfect proportions for my purpose.