• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date setting on VSF 3235 DJ41 not working anymore

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Hello gents,

my franken DJ41 from VSF is a real beauty. But recently i wanted to "quickset" the date and noticed that the date doesn't change any more when i set the crown in "date change position". In standard operation the movement works perfectly and after 12:00 the date changes automatically. Also when i set the time and pass the 24h the date switches to the next day.

Any thoughts what couldhave caused this issue? Is it an easy fix or is a complete movement service required? Are there any parts i could change to make the VS 3235 superclone more reliable?

Also one more question: The watch is complete gen except of case and movement. So i have the feeling that the watch feels complete GEN but only when you wind the movement i have the feeling it can be noticed that it is not a Gen movement. Are there any parts in particular which i could change in the movement to have a Gen like winding?

Thanks for your thoughts and best wishes,

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hi, gen without the movement, it's not gen. Only a watchsmith can tell you what's wrong with it... Regards.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It could be a couple of things. By the time you start tearing it down to find the problem you should just get it serviced.
i suppose you can start changing everything under the hood in pursuit of a genlike winding experience, but there’s no guarantee you’ll get what you want. Put a gen balance and bridge and auto wind system in it and you’ll have a very nice running movement. Mine’s been running beautifully for a couple of years now.

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
It could be a couple of things. By the time you start tearing it down to find the problem you should just get it serviced.
i suppose you can start changing everything under the hood in pursuit of a genlike winding experience, but there’s no guarantee you’ll get what you want. Put a gen balance and bridge and auto wind system in it and you’ll have a very nice running movement. Mine’s been running beautifully for a couple of years now.

Thaks a lot! I understand. Movement service should be the way to go....