• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Crown in rep tube

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Hey there folks, how we all doing?

I've just landed a gen Crown.
Will it work just as well on a decent rep tube or am I better off getting a gen tube and re-tapping the case? I'm not bothered about getting as many gen parts as possible on this watch so I'm happy to just use the crown if it'll work just as well.

The tube it's going on is perfect, lovely full length thread with no issues at all. It feels nice and smooth.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM

Will it work just as well on a decent rep tube or am I better off getting a gen tube and re-tapping the case? I'm not bothered about getting as many gen parts as possible on this watch so I'm happy to just use the crown if it'll work just as well.

The tube it's going on is perfect, lovely full length thread with no issues at all. It feels nice and smooth.

Will be fine

Reactions: Dirkjon

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

Yes, two of my builds have this setup and both are waterproof and work fine.

Reactions: Dirkjon