• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Remove stem on EWF A3235 movement.

Simplom

Horology Curious
3/11/21
Hi!

Got i watch that wont wind up, I need to remove the stem but cant find how to do it on this movement. I have looked everywhere but cant see how.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: panchobarronr

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Depress this gently and slide the stem out.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The stem release lever is here, the button by the stem is bogus. The release lever only appears when the stem is in winding position, like a Seiko.
3915374aa3fecb3d92cc1befc605d788.jpg

Simplom

Horology Curious
3/11/21
Does anyone know of another movement that would be compatible? Im talking about swaping it out.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
The stem release lever is here, the button by the stem is bogus. The release lever only appears when the stem is in winding position, like a Seiko.
3915374aa3fecb3d92cc1befc605d788.jpg
Thanks for this info. I was struggling with an EWF 3135 also having this issue. They're horrible and I'll also be looking to swap it out. I'll measure the thing up, hands and dial feet and report back as to whether there's a suitable replacement. Based on the decorative plates I'll bet its not compatible with a vr3135. I'll likely change the hands and dial anyway.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You'll need a 3235 from another rep maker, like Clean or VSF, due to the way the dial fits the new movement - i.e. without feet but with stepped sides that match the dial to the movement (unless EWF also doesn't copy the dial/movement fit).

Simplom

Horology Curious
3/11/21
I see. Might be hard to find some suitable replacement then. I have been searching without any luck.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The EWF movement is a Hangzhou 7 series, it’s a proprietary contraption - not a clone of anything. It’s dimensions are loosely based on 3135. I would try to fit a VR or VS 3135 into the case, but who knows? You’ll probably need new hands and may need to mod the dial.
These things appear to be dying in droves, it would be a boon to the community if someone can work out a swap.

Simplom

Horology Curious
3/11/21
Ok i see. Thanks for the reply.

Seems like theres almost a bigger financial chance of trying to repair it rather then eat up that i bought a bad version.

The case and bracelet are nice so it would have been nice to put something back into it

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just fit a VR3135 into a Noob 2824 case without a single issue so it's worth a try. Of course you should plan on using a 3135 dial and hands, both of which are easily available rep or gen.

There is always a chance the EWF dial could have it's feet relocated or it's hands modded, but it's not a dealbreaker if not. You can get a dial and hand set for about $100, the movement for around the same. TDs can help if you have a good relationship with one, or look on Ali Express.

Post #10
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...2-noob-3135-super-rep?p=10462385#post10462385

I use Ali vendor OULIGUAN, and have always gotten good products and service.

jTW1mj.jpg

Jnkay1

Known Member
23/3/12
The EWF movement is a Hangzhou 7 series, it’s a proprietary contraption - not a clone of anything. It’s dimensions are loosely based on 3135. I would try to fit a VR or VS 3135 into the case, but who knows? You’ll probably need new hands and may need to mod the dial.
These things appear to be dying in droves, it would be a boon to the community if someone can work out a swap.

I swapped a 3135. Clipped the dial feet and got compatible hands.

Last edited:

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I want to try this ewf too because everyone is talking about it very well
but I will then want to change the movement with a better one see vr or vs
I am already looking for the hands compatible with the movement, perhaps bp or gmf
are you sure that the 3135 is compatible?

i believe the dial is glued to the movement after cutting the feet