• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any UK modders or watchmakers out there?

Simonr_74

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/21
My latest purchase is a Speedmaster Co-Axial.

After rejecting the first example at QC stage, the second watch is perfect other than the 12 o'clock hour marker is slightly misaligned. Other than that the watch looks perfect but it's one of those things that I know will always bug me.

Can anyone recommend a UK based modder or watchsmith who will work on reps that might be able to fix this?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Adskee

26/9/21
I'm also trying to find someone UK based who can work on reps.

Adskee

26/9/21
Thanks. Did send him a PM already but not heard back. Maybe he's busy, will wait a bit.

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if ado213 does gold plating or any uk watch maker that does gold plating?

Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
He's super busy..sometimes it could take a week.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Have you heard anything from ado lately mate? Bit worried as I think this the longest I've gone without hearing from him. Oh I got a new number btw - I'll pm you once I can work out how to use Tapatalk on Android ????

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
[mention]ssouthall6 [/mention] thank you for the recommendation, i have messaged. Fingers crossed i can get a gold plater in the UK that will work on reps.

Wolfiqar

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Have you heard anything from ado lately mate? Bit worried as I think this the longest I've gone without hearing from him. Oh I got a new number btw - I'll pm you once I can work out how to use Tapatalk on Android ????

Thanks mate, I haven't messaged him since Aug.

To PM simply click my username on Tapatalk and click message.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Thanks mate, I haven't messaged him since Aug.

To PM simply click my username on Tapatalk and click message.

I tried that, nothing happens :D

I'll jump on the PC while I got chance....

cragga_lfc

Known Member
19/12/16
i'll just jump on this thread if that is ok, i messaged Ado to take a look at my AP 5th September, to which we arranged for me to send it out to him. But i have heard nothing back from him. I know he is always absolutely busy and it's been over a month now since i sent off my watch and had contact.

rough time lines are a month or a little longer depending on the issues and how quickly he can resolve, test and post, but normally he is great at getting back with what the problem is.

That doesn't bother me t all about the watch or how long it might take, i was just looking to see if anyone knew if he was ok? he is a smashing bloke, does great work at great prices.

i just hope he is ok? does any one have any updates that he is ok?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
i'll just jump on this thread if that is ok, i messaged Ado to take a look at my AP 5th September, to which we arranged for me to send it out to him. But i have heard nothing back from him. I know he is always absolutely busy and it's been over a month now since i sent off my watch and had contact.

rough time lines are a month or a little longer depending on the issues and how quickly he can resolve, test and post, but normally he is great at getting back with what the problem is.

That doesn't bother me t all about the watch or how long it might take, i was just looking to see if anyone knew if he was ok? he is a smashing bloke, does great work at great prices.

i just hope he is ok? does any one have any updates that he is ok?
According to my WhatsApp he was last seen at 11pm last night.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
ado213 ? why hasn't anyone tagged him here? He's a great guy from every interaction I've ever had with him hopefully he'll be online soon and respond so we know he's ok.

Reactions: cragga_lfc

cragga_lfc

Known Member
19/12/16
ado213 ? why hasn't anyone tagged him here? He's a great guy from every interaction I've ever had with him hopefully he'll be online soon and respond so we know he's ok.

thanks for the idea, i am just glad to hear he is about.....i can wait for a response because when the watch is ready - it is ready. he does excellent work!

p.s. i am not looking for a response from ado, i was just checking the forum to make sure he was ok.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
thanks for the idea, i am just glad to hear he is about.....i can wait for a response because when the watch is ready - it is ready. he does excellent work!

p.s. i am not looking for a response from ado, i was just checking the forum to make sure he was ok.
I haven't heard from him for a long time, he's had a few of my watches for a good few months now, some longer. I'm the same- couldn't really care less about the watches more interested to know if he's alright, I've known him longer than most of my closest mates!

I check WhatsApp occasionally and see he's been online - that's good enough for me. The bloke is inundated and when he needs to get things done he just shuts everything else off, which is exactly what I do. He'll come through with your watches, I'm thinking/hoping early Christmas present for mine so I can move them on and buy some more..... Oh yeah, maybe not!

il8

26/7/17
Hey guys, I know a lot of you are saying Ado is the best but just wondering if there is anyone that is UK based like a local jeweller who’s happy to do repairs/mods? I’m London based and took a Skydweller to the Picadilly guy but he’s broken it so need someone to sort it out.

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
Hey guys, I know a lot of you are saying Ado is the best but just wondering if there is anyone that is UK based like a local jeweller who’s happy to do repairs/mods? I’m London based and took a Skydweller to the Picadilly guy but he’s broken it so need someone to sort it out.

Hi mate did you find anyone London based for any work?

the_soulja

Looking Around
7/10/21
Hi mate did you find anyone London based for any work?

Also looking for someone to do some work for me in London and ideally gold plating. Anyone got any recommendations?

Has Ado started getting back to people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk