• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fitting date window for ETA 2836

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
I'am currently on the way to build a 1675 GMT in a budget way. There for, I use a cheap old case I've modified as I like it. Inside there is a A2836-GMT. The dial is a common dial from rafflesdials with the date-window for ETA not RLX. So I currently have the problem to find a plexi glass with the right date window and diameter.

As I understand, I have three possibilities:
  • Finding a plexi glass in 30.6mm with the date-window for standard ETA
  • Changing the dial and calendar to a standard RLX and use a common RLX plexi glass with corresponding date-window
  • Stick a magnifying glass on the existing plexi glass
Finding a plexi glass in 30.6mm would be my favorite option. But I can't find it.

Any Idea? Someone sticked a magnifying glass on plexi?

Here are some pictures:
jaf2gp.jpg

jafh4b.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think if you want a plexi with cyclops your best bet is to change the dial and add a DWO. Gluing a cyclops on a flat sapphire crystal so that it is in the perfect position, not crooked, and with no glue leakage is so challenging that very few people can do it. I wouldn't even attempt it on a plexi.

Reactions: matzemedia

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
Do the crystals from the old Tudor subs fit this case? Not too familiar with their specs but I believe they cyclops are for eta date position at least. Gluing a glass cyclops on this is going to be weird looking and unrealistic, might not event sit flush since crystal is not completely flat and rounds off even more by edge, better off going without one that doing that.

Last edited:

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
I found one dealer who sell a 30.6 Tudor crystal in plexi. I will try it. Sound like a good idea.
thanks for your help. I will keep you update.

One question: i bought the dial at raffesdials. I like the quality and the price is perfect. They don't sell dials for Rolex date. Who is selling a vintage dial for Rolex date position in this price range?

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
OK, I got the crystal for Tudor. But it is not the right shape.

So, I now have still find some fitting plastic crystal in 30.6 with ETA window.