• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 364 Noob rep. Movement issue

tazandshane

Looking Around
17/4/17
Hi all

So reaching out for some assistance folks. Bought my first rep back in 2017 a PAM 364 and have pretty much being using it as a daily driver since. Had some issues with it very early on with the movement failing to wind itself, and have always had to give it a top up manual wind every 4 or 5 days. So anyhow last week it just stopped. Cracked the back case and it looks like the movement has worked its way loose and spilled it's innards. I'm assuming in all likelihood the movement is toast. Can the movement be replaced with something more reliable? Who can I get to do this? (I live in Ireland and don't know anyone who can work on reps, so happy to send abroad if needs be) What would the likely cost be? And finally if I were to cut my losses and sell as is for a more capable individual to rebuild, what is it likely worth? I believe it was considered a Super Rep back in the day but I stand corrected. Any advice much appreciated and pardon my ignorance!
4020d38e6c924cdd086a4a599f70943c.jpg
463d632dda382216a9e7ca61eca916c9.jpg
6534b3922a09180d6fcba338d21b0499.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

First, I wanted to sympathize.
PAM364 is a really good rep, which has no analogues today, and it's a pity to hear that this happened to it, although it is worth remembering that this is a Chinese watch, albeit very good, and 4 years of daily operation is also a result.

Further, I must say that your watch is worth an A7750 with a decorative plate, in the style of P.9000. All PAM346s were made like this. Accordingly, you can exchange it for an Asian 7750 or for a Swiss one with a remote chronograph module.
This is not a very difficult operation with movt. And I'm sure most trusted rwi watches could do it for you.

Then I would like to note that the details that are on the table and those that are missing from the movement in your photos are decorative.
Initially, they are glued or stamped to the decorative panel, and that is badly attached. By themselves, or from a sharp shake, perhaps a light blow / push, they can fall off.

Their absence does not affect anything, but traveling under the caseback they can get between the self-winding rotor and the decorative plate, then the rotor wedges and "voila", you have lost the self-winding, and only HW works. Then another part can fall into the balance knot, and now, your clock has stopped and does not run.

This may be so, or there may be other reasons. If the cases are in loose parts, they may just jam, and when you pull everything out, everything will be fine, or it may be that they damaged something inside.

In general, there may be a lot of things, but I just mean that it will not necessarily be critical at all.

But even if so, this movement can be serviced, it is also possible to find spare parts, if necessary, to replace it with an Asian, perhaps, and with a Swiss too. All options are available.

I would really hope that you just need to remove all the decorative elements, clean the movt., Service, and very likely you will wear them for another 4 years without any problems.

Last but not least, go to the trusted watchmakers section and choose someone in your area, or just find a reps-friendly local master, this is not such a unique job.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: tazandshane

tazandshane

Looking Around
17/4/17
Thanks very much for your help I will contact one of the repairers in the forum ????????

Reactions: KOT1917

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thanks very much for your help I will contact one of the repairers in the forum ????????

Probably the closest to you is ado213 in the UK. Natas78 another good option in EU, as are a few others like interaktiv . Should be fixable by movement service or swapping in a new one. Personally if it's been a daily driver for years and you wish to continue as such , I'd spring for a new eta7750 with chronograph complications removed and you'll probably be good for a decade or so if not longer.

tazandshane

Looking Around
17/4/17
Probably the closest to you is ado213 in the UK. Natas78 another good option in EU, as are a few others like interaktiv . Should be fixable by movement service or swapping in a new one. Personally if it's been a daily driver for years and you wish to continue as such , I'd spring for a new eta7750 with chronograph complications removed and you'll probably be good for a decade or so if not longer.
Thanks very much for that. I've contacted Natas78 as he's EU based might be easiest

Cheers

Shane

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I’d try and swap with an eta7750 but that’s just my thoughts. With a swap to that it’ll be a keeper for the long haul