• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Turn Noob 116610 v5 into 114060

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I would like to have this BK Sub modified from 116610 to 114060. I know the case stamps, etc., won't match, but that doesn't concern me. Currently this watch, which has an ETA 2836 fitted, sits in a box and gets zero wear, which seems a waste. So, figured I'd either sell or modify; the latter would be preferred. I recently cancelled a VSF 114060 order (placed in March) because of the raids and subsequent delays, so figured I'd transform this v5, if possible.

What I haven't been able to find is, which 114060 dials are compatible, so hoping someone can confirm. Also, will this Clark crystal be compatible? I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the correct gasket (existing one has the crystal sitting way too high), so any assistance there would be much appreciated, too.

jDzNi3.jpg

jDzRps.jpg

Reactions: paulvillo

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would try to stick with a factory rep dial rather than an aftermarket from Raffles or some random online vendor. Most of the aftermarket ones have poor lume (not rep SL) and/or less precise text and markers. You can use 3135 or 2813 dials too if you don't mind re-gluing new feet. Otherwise stick with either a 2824 or 2836 dial, those will be identical and will fit the 2836 movement 1:1. Any factory Sub dial will be adequate for an old Noob V5 reborn - BP, GMF, Noob (M2M), VRF, ZF, ZZF, CF, you name it. BP makes a lot of short ft space m dials which seem to bug some people but they are found in gen too.

The crystal you linked will fit, if you buy directly from Clark it will come with a gasket of your choice. Depending how you like your crystal to sit, I would try a 2.5, or 2.7mm. You can also just burn the cyclops off your current crystal and replace the gasket. Hold a blow torch or lighter flame tip on the cyclops for about 30 seconds then scrape the cyclops off with a razor blade. Occasionally I've had to tap the blade handle with a hammer to coax it off. I put some masking tape on the tips of needle nose pliers and wear gloves. Most of the time it's a quick mod, often under two minutes after set up.

Last edited:

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
What I haven't been able to find is, which 114060 dials are compatible, so hoping someone can confirm. Also, will this Clark crystal be compatible? I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the correct gasket (existing one has the crystal sitting way too high), so any assistance there would be much appreciated, too.

Thanks for bringing this up mate, and [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] for the info!

I’ve always wanted to do something about my allegedly BP based PBDad 114060 xtal.

Mine sits taller as yours do, and the gasket must definitely be a solution!

One that I’ve never thought about ;)
Cheers!

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I would try to stick with a factory rep dial rather than an aftermarket from Raffles or some random online vendor. Most of the aftermarket ones have poor lume (not rep SL) and/or less precise text and markers. You can use 3135 or 2813 dials too if you don't mind re-gluing new feet. Otherwise stick with either a 2824 or 2836 dial, those will be identical and will fit the 2836 movement 1:1. Any factory Sub dial will be adequate for an old Noob V5 reborn - BP, GMF, Noob (M2M), VRF, ZF, ZZF, CF, you name it. BP makes a lot of long ft space m dials which seem to bug some people but they are found in gen too.

The crystal you linked will fit, if you buy directly from Clark it will come with a gasket of your choice. Depending how you like your crystal to sit, I would try a 2.5, or 2.7mm. You can also just burn the cyclops off your current crystal and replace the gasket. Hold a blow torch or lighter flame tip on the cyclops for about 30 seconds then scrape the cyclops off with a razor blade. Occasionally I've had to tap the blade handle with a hammer to coax it off. I put some masking tape on the tips of needle nose pliers and wear gloves. Most of the time it's a quick mod, often under two minutes after set up.

Love your work, mate, as always. Thank you :)

Reactions: KJ2020