• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deep Blue with Miyota..?

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
I am currently looking at two watches made by Deep Blue. The Alpha Marine comes with a Miyota 9015 while the Master 1000 has the NH35. I have several watches with the NH35 and for my uses they all do just fine. I like the look of the Alpha Marine however it is 200 dollars more and I am trying to figure out if the Miyota is that much better. If I did my research correct the main difference is the BPH of the Miyota at 28,800 vs 21,600 for the NH35. Looks like the Miyota also has maybe an hour more of power reserve as well.

Besides the BPH of these two movements are there any real noticeable differences? Is one more rugged or reliable long term. I have read some threads where many feel that the higher beat will lead to greater amount of wear in a shorter time. The ruggedness would be my biggest need however the Dialshock of the Seiko seems to be the same as the Parashock of the Miyota. The dimensions of both watches are the same and both have similar features. Is the Miyota worth a 200 dollar jump in real world performance?

After reading a little more I now see the rotor of the Seiko winds in both directions as the Miyota only winds clockwise. Also the base replacement cost of the Seiko seems to be between 35 and 45 dollars as the Miyota is about 100 dollars. Am I missing something or again is the Miyota really 200 dollars better? Thanks for any assist on this as I do like both of these watches.