• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 - "Fix" Noisy Rotor or Replace Movement

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
I have a rep with the Miyota 9015 movement The rotor is very noisy. I have not worked on watches and don't want to break anything.

I saw info here where people have successfully made their rotor quieter by oiling/greasing them and/or other adjustments. I've never worked on a watch, so I don't know what I'm doing and would probably prefer to pay someone to do it for me.

Would you recommend I have someone look at the rotor to see if they can make it quieter, or should I replace the movement with something quiet?

What would you recommend as a replacement movement?

Reactions: J0n4s and Taraus25

michel j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/13
I am also very interested in this as I have a 9015 with a noisy rotor. I am not afraid to dig IN.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I doubt its rubbing the caseback. I would consider putting in a TINY amount of grease in the bearing, too much and the rotor may have a hard time spinning and the power reserve goes down since it wont fully autowind. If the OP wants to hit me up and I can see about doing this for them, you can PM me

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I doubt its rubbing the caseback. I would consider putting in a TINY amount of grease in the bearing, too much and the rotor may have a hard time spinning and the power reserve goes down since it wont fully autowind. If the OP wants to hit me up and I can see about doing this for them, you can PM me

Grease as in vaseline and / or silicone?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
silicone only, its thick and will slow the rotor and quiet it significantly

cskim86

11/2/09
Gentlemen who are weary of fixing the rotor themselves...most of my reps are miyotas as I usually stick to the omega reps. The rotor and it being noisy is the biggest tell in my opinion. I have successfully made the rotor silent by greasing the rotors ball bearings with mobius watch grease lubricant. I am willing to accept, fix (eliminate sound) and send back for a small fee. Please feel free to pm me. And in case trust is an issue, I know of two members here who will voice for my "stand-up" status. I just like to help. Thanks y'all.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Gentlemen who are weary of fixing the rotor themselves...most of my reps are miyotas as I usually stick to the omega reps. The rotor and it being noisy is the biggest tell in my opinion. I have successfully made the rotor silent by greasing the rotors ball bearings with mobius watch grease lubricant. I am willing to accept, fix (eliminate sound) and send back for a small fee. Please feel free to pm me. And in case trust is an issue, I know of two members here who will voice for my "stand-up" status. I just like to help. Thanks y'all.

Where are you located?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I am deep in the heart of Texas.

Very sexy, pure Americana. Texas is an amazing state, Lone Star all the way. Friendly people, great BBQ & cold beers. Surprisingly few Cowboys.

Have a great weekend Bro. Will keep your offer on the back burner.

POTUS

4/7/16
I picked up a BP 16610 with Miyota 9015 and it had a ferociously noisy rotor. I oiled it and it did nothing. Now I have another watch with the same movement and it's pretty quiet so I took the rotor off of that one and put it on my sub and it's now perfect. I noticed that the rotors were different too. The rotor from the other watch which is an Armida A2, has a heavier rotor. So not sure why these reps have flimsy ones, you would think they would all be the same. Anyways, it's just the rotor. Don't waste time oiling them. Just replace them.

Desmond20052000

21/3/17

I googled for the Moebius watch grease and there are a few of them, do you mind sharing what you use for this fix?

Taraus25

Looking Around
14/6/18
Will regards to silicone grease , where shd I apply it ? The rotor blade of miyota movement?

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Got a new JF Cartier tank and rotor is too loud with the turn of the wrist.

Is this an easy fix ?
Does it always work ?
What would a watchsmith charge to do ?

watchbuddy

Horology Curious
11/12/16
Ukraine
Hi Gents,

I have recently bought 4500V with miyota 9015.

There is a problem on rotor, sounds like it is not well connected / fixed so it hits glass or mechanism and makes noise, you can understand / see more by watching the following links;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KigwBBYmNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWSLXjAd17g

I have taken it to a watch master in my town Odessa but they couldn't get it repaired.
I am heading to Hamburg on 22nd for 2 days and I wonder if you any master in Hamburg who could repair this?

Cheers

TheKnight

16/11/18
anyone ever remove the 3 screws and rotor? and just use watch as handwinding only?