• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Our goal is not to offer the best deal on a watch.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Our goal is not to offer the best deal on a watch. It's to provide work to Americans and raise money for charities that support veterans and their families. While offering a solid reliable watch at a price that's about middle of the road for a small brand like ours.

We are having our own case design produced. Our own hand design produced, and even our own crown design produced. That means design cost, tooling cost, etc. Plus as those are not off the shelf we don't get the kind or pricing that you would if you were making tens of thousands of them at a time. We are making 500 on this first go.

Having said that I am not aware of another brand building in America with the same or higher level spec for less. Americans don't work on Chinese wages do you? =)

At this point our specs and designs are etched in stone. We have already taken a number of orders.

As far as our designs go the idea is to offer a classic field type watch with some better specs than those from times past. As well as a higher level of quality. Our MM04's also have a more contemporary look.

Our specs and design are also aimed at people in the Military, law enforcement, and just plain outdoors types. As well as watch people like you and I.

As such we are going with a compromise size for 43mm. We arrived at this after much feedback on our social media sites. Non watch people wanted a 38mm to 40mm size. Watch people wanted 45mm to 55mm.

As for the movement for rugged use a quartz is the way to go. Less to go wrong and such. To address the issue of battery life. We are using the 715LI version of the tried and true 715. Which has a massive for a watch battery Li battery rated to last for 10 years!

We are using the most expensive version of the 715. The one we are using has the 10 year battery and is Swiss assembled from Swiss parts. At least that's what the folks at Ronda say.

fyi ETA movements I personally think they are very overrated and I personally do not care much for the 2824. Based on a lot of personal experience. If we do offer an auto in our next production run the 9015 Miyota would be right at the top of my list.

As far as my experience I have been involved at high enough levels with some small Swiss, and German brands that I know a respectable amount about the watch business. In fact I have done some consulting for other brands as well based on that experience and insight. In all I have been in the watch business for about 8 years now.

Our first production will be done by Lum-Tec in Ohio. So you can guess what sort of quality things like our PVD etc will be like. They will also be handling our warranty work. I know of no other brand that turns around a warranty as fast as they do. Much of what you pay for with them is customer service and that is job 1 for us as well.

As many of you know from first hand expierence. If you have a warranty issue with many of the Swiss giants. Good lord help you on that. You may wait months, pay through the nose for a repair that should have been free and your watch may not be as good as it was when it went to service in some cases. Well that I have a real big problem with and that will not be us.

Our parent company is The CGA Company which is where we will be selling the watches from. Much of our business with that company is repeat. If you Google that name or my name I think you will say I have been around watches a bit. =)