• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex deep sea blue

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Lmao. Omg. I wasnt expecting that answer. Lol. Not quite. But happy endings can be made on this table. Bad endings too.

egroegart

1/7/13
A green one, now give me my money! LoL!

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Haha. Well it is green. Lol. Its a pool table.

anyway. After a week or so of having this watch i still love it. .the way the crystal magnifies the dial is just ingenious. Pretty amazing.
one thing that is scraring the crap out of me is hitting the watch on things as i walk by. At 18 mm's thick it is pretty easy to bang it on things. So you just have to be a little more aware when wearing this watch. Luckily no scratches or anything major from the cople times ive hit it on things. But overall i love the watch. It has an amazing presence on the wrist. Over the years i can count on both hands the times ive been complimented on my watches. I have already in a week gotten two compliments from complete strangers that have noticed it. Just didnt expect that. Ive had beautiful replicas for many years and people just dont notice. So its kind of cool to get the compliments. And to see their faces when i said it is a replica was even better. The shock. They both said theyve never seen a replica like this. I think most people are used to seei.g the reps we had in the 80 and 90's. Just so poorly made. And light as a feather. These guys just couldnt believe this is a rep.

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I love my 116660! I know what you mean about its sheers size and weight. I ware it at work sometimes and it gets knocked about fairly regularly. I don't mind though, I like the look of a well worn watch ;)
7703b1821565928e5c3f300673e30be9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Reactions: egroegart

egroegart

1/7/13
looks really great egroegart
are your SEL tight?

Hey rob. Thanks. The sel's are not too bad. Ill take some pics when i get home tonight. I do notice that on one side it sticks up a little. Ill try to show that in the pics. Cant tell at all unless you are inspecting it close up. Or a close up pic. Im very happy with the watch. I love it.

egroegart

1/7/13
I love my 116660! I know what you mean about its sheers size and weight. I ware it at work sometimes and it gets knocked about fairly regularly. I don't mind though, I like the look of a well worn watch ;)
7703b1821565928e5c3f300673e30be9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

That looks good fred. Im the same. I wear my watches. Ige never kept them in a safe or put away. They are meant to be worn. I love it so far. I think one of my favorite watches now for sure. Yah its weird those extra 6 or 7 millimeters of height really make a difference. Ive bumped it on a few door frames and some other things. Haha. No damage thankfully. But i just am more aware now.

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Ok Wow! That is a STUNNING piece. My wrist is too small...if I wore that I would be like the cartoon where my wrist would be pinned to the ground and I would only be able to walk in circles. Looks really good on both gents' wrists. A+++ and then some!

egroegart

1/7/13
Ok Wow! That is a STUNNING piece. My wrist is too small...if I wore that I would be like the cartoon where my wrist would be pinned to the ground and I would only be able to walk in circles. Looks really good on both gents' wrists. A+++ and then some!

Haha. I got a good visual on that cartoon reference. Thats funny. You know when larger watches started getting a little popular it took me a long time to try one. I thought for sure it would look ridiculous on my wrist. Look out of place. ......etc.. the first one i bought was the datejust II, 41 m.m. ive always worn submariners and 36 m.m. datejusts and daydates. I had never worn anything larger than those. I remember opening that datejust II. My girlfriend was watching me open it. Took off my old watch and put the new datejust II on. And her reaction was so cool. She loved it. She immediately just said that is beautiful. I told her it is just so big doesnt it look silly? And she just said no that she loved it. And she did. She said it looks so much better that she thought my old watches were too small. That the aesthetics and proportions were much better with this new watch. I still wasnt sure. It felt weird for a couple days. But i ended up loving the larger size. My wrists arent that big either. Uljust average really. I have a bigger build i guess but my joints are all medium to small i would say. But after a few days i fell in love with the larger size and have gotten watches alot bigger than that 41 m.m. datejust II since. My girlfriend had a ladies daydate that i had gotten her. I think those are around 27 m.m.'s maybe? Very tiny. So i told her to put on my old submariner. She tried it and needless to say i never got it back. Lol. She loved wearing a larger watch too and she is tiny.

but i would suggest just getting one and trying it out. You can always resell it here if you dont like it. But most people that try them out usually end up liking them. Just give it a few days though. They just have so much more of a presence on your wrist. You feel the weight. But not too heavy. They are much more visible.

i have always loved the 36 m.m. datejust. Always been my favorite watch. But now i think they almost look silly. At least on me. Or just out of proportion.

its interesting how things change. Opinions change... what we wear changes. And its the same with watches. My great grandpa's watches are tiny. I have three of his wrist watches and a deuber hampden railroad pocet watch of his also. But those watches are all in the 20 to 28 m.m. size. And my great grandfather was a big guy. Football player and bodybuilder. I cant imagine how those watches looked on him. But that was the style then. There are watches i wont wear.....at least yet. Anything over 50 m.m's is just too big and uncomfortable to me. But give it a try. And thanks for the comment. This deep sea is so stunning. That dial is just amazing.

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Well that is SERIOUS food for thought...and great advice that if I get a nice piece that I feel looks too big, this is the community to understand someone like me wanting to sell because of that.
About 2 months ago I was ONE stinkin' click away from paying 1K+ for a "Swiss-made rep" and then decided to Google "scam" and eventually found out about the amazing group here at RWI---this board saved me over a thousand dollars from certain scam artists!

I just ordered this from Andrew at Trusty, and wasn't sure if even this is too big.
http://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=22614
I then measured my Seiko Cocktail which I LOVE ...and low and behold it sits at a slim 40mm---so what do I know!?! (Yes I like blue)
https://www.chrono24.com/seiko/presage-cocktail-time-srpb43--id19282349.htm

When I get my watch from Andrew I will post a pic of how it looks on my wrist.

Great info, and thanks for the insight! And we ALWAYS need to listen to the women in our lives (even though my wife is not into watches at all!) ;)

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
An update on my order: I changed my order with Andrew to buy a watch for my brothers birthday before I get myself one. So payment was sent, and Im having the watch mailed to me first since I want to send a couple other things to my brother as well (I'm not even sure having it mailed directly to him is an opton truth be told). Its a sub that my brother has always wanted, so Im really looking forward to seeing it for myself before sending it on to him. This is my very first rep as I think I mentioned. Once I get this, Im placing an order for me....

egroegart

1/7/13
Well that is SERIOUS food for thought...and great advice that if I get a nice piece that I feel looks too big, this is the community to understand someone like me wanting to sell because of that.
About 2 months ago I was ONE stinkin' click away from paying 1K+ for a "Swiss-made rep" and then decided to Google "scam" and eventually found out about the amazing group here at RWI---this board saved me over a thousand dollars from certain scam artists!

I just ordered this from Andrew at Trusty, and wasn't sure if even this is too big.
http://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=22614
I then measured my Seiko Cocktail which I LOVE ...and low and behold it sits at a slim 40mm---so what do I know!?! (Yes I like blue)
https://www.chrono24.com/seiko/presage-cocktail-time-srpb43--id19282349.htm

When I get my watch from Andrew I will post a pic of how it looks on my wrist.

Great info, and thanks for the insight! And we ALWAYS need to listen to the women in our lives (even though my wife is not into watches at all!) ;)

Hey, thank you. Its been quite awhile since ive done a reciew here, and even though i put alot of info in it i still missed alot. Hopefully ill get better at it wgain. There are so many people like you that maybe just joined or are getting their first rep and dont know what to expect. So many people helped me when i first joined so i try to do as much as i cwn to help others out too. This is an awesome community. And im sad i was away for the last couple years.

you are actually one of the lucky ones. Because you didnt pull the trigger on that thousand dollar rep. Unfortunately alot of us got scammed before we found this site. I got scammed twice. I spent 300 dollars on my first replica and it was maybe a fifty dollar piece of garbage super low end replica. So i searched more. I think maybe it was called blue fakes? I just remember the website looked so professional. Of course all the watches were listed as "AAA" lol. Thats a red flag right there. And all the pics of their watches were just stolen right from rolexs webite or other name brands websites. They just looked perfect. And they were because the pics were of actual name brand watches and not the wat h you would actually get. But being a noob i didnt know that. The prices were from like 600 to 1,000 bucks. So i just figured this site looks legit so it must be. Lol. And of course when i got that watch it was worse quality than the 300 dollar one i bought preciously. It was actually a fantasy watch and not even the same model that was in the pic. I mean it was probably worth ten dollars. Thats how bad it was. And i paid 600 for it. I was pissed. And of course they wouldnt answer their phone then. They were great through the whole buying process. Answered every question immediately. Answered the phone every time. Butcomplete silence after. And thats because it was a scam.

i asically gave up then. I was done with reps. I think i did the same thing you did. Googled replica watch scams. Read alot of different stuff and then replica watch info came up and i started reading here. I read for days. I couldnt believe how much info there was. And how many scams are out there. But i learned quickly. Then probably after a few,months of being here ordered my first watch. And wow. The watches on the td's sites were the watches that you actually get. No misinformation. Straight forward. But i learned that so many of us here had been scammed by one of those other websites before finding rwi. So i always try to help people because one of the things i hate most are scammers. But gladyourepart of the commu.ity now. Have you gotten your watch yet?

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Hey, thank you. Its been quite awhile since ive done a reciew here, and even though i put alot of info in it i still missed alot. Hopefully ill get better at it wgain. There are so many people like you that maybe just joined or are getting their first rep and dont know what to expect. So many people helped me when i first joined so i try to do as much as i cwn to help others out too. This is an awesome community. And im sad i was away for the last couple years.

you are actually one of the lucky ones. Because you didnt pull the trigger on that thousand dollar rep. Unfortunately alot of us got scammed before we found this site. I got scammed twice. I spent 300 dollars on my first replica and it was maybe a fifty dollar piece of garbage super low end replica. So i searched more. I think maybe it was called blue fakes? I just remember the website looked so professional. Of course all the watches were listed as "AAA" lol. Thats a red flag right there. And all the pics of their watches were just stolen right from rolexs webite or other name brands websites. They just looked perfect. And they were because the pics were of actual name brand watches and not the wat h you would actually get. But being a noob i didnt know that. The prices were from like 600 to 1,000 bucks. So i just figured this site looks legit so it must be. Lol. And of course when i got that watch it was worse quality than the 300 dollar one i bought preciously. It was actually a fantasy watch and not even the same model that was in the pic. I mean it was probably worth ten dollars. Thats how bad it was. And i paid 600 for it. I was pissed. And of course they wouldnt answer their phone then. They were great through the whole buying process. Answered every question immediately. Answered the phone every time. Butcomplete silence after. And thats because it was a scam.

i asically gave up then. I was done with reps. I think i did the same thing you did. Googled replica watch scams. Read alot of different stuff and then replica watch info came up and i started reading here. I read for days. I couldnt believe how much info there was. And how many scams are out there. But i learned quickly. Then probably after a few,months of being here ordered my first watch. And wow. The watches on the td's sites were the watches that you actually get. No misinformation. Straight forward. But i learned that so many of us here had been scammed by one of those other websites before finding rwi. So i always try to help people because one of the things i hate most are scammers. But gladyourepart of the commu.ity now. Have you gotten your watch yet?

Appreciate your post brother and REALLY sorry that those incidents occurred with you.
Boy oh, boy do I relate to: "I read for days. I couldnt believe how much info there was." My wife and 16-y.o. are literally laughing at how much time Im spending on here!
Will definitely send you some pics when Andrew sends me the Sub. Ive paid, but no QCs yet, so Im early in this process---doubly so since The Raids 2021 just happened. I. CAN'T. WAIT. for the watch to come...Pretty sure I'll be tempted to keep it!

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11

Nice to see you back. Hope everything is going well in your life.

FrankD1990

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/15
Hey @egroegart thanks for the great review! I’ve been looking for a good factory to get this watch from for very similar reasons to you and I think I’ve been convinced to get the noob! Man oh man that watch is beautiful and I hope your still getting to enjoy it today!