• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first replica - Submariner ZZF V2s modded

LordElrond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
It has finally come the time to show my first and only replica watch =D

https://imgur.com/a/UK4CEyU

ZZF V2s
Base: ZZF V2s Submariner
Bracelet: ARF
Mods: Gen crystal - date wheel - tube - crown - hands

Pics made by Nikon D800E + Sigma 180 2.8 Apo Macro lens. Unedited apart from the brightening of the bezel indexes.

After owning it for 6 months, let's say that I'm very happy with the results! Submariner case format is a timeless classic, and I wear it everyday.
It's incredible how different is turning the crown on the original threading vs the ZZF tube

Next step will be the replacement of the bezel gasket lost by an idiot of a watchmaker before this watch went into the loving hands of Johnny Depp for mods and a brushing and a new, brighter bezel since I don't like it that much... what bezel I still don't know, maybe a Molotow mod on this, or a V4 CF bezel with aftermarket platinum coating... I still don't know... Suggestion anyone?

Just a question for the community. What do you think about the seconds hand? It should be gen but it seems strange... The hour hand is beautiful, while the seconds hand is... strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosse

Greko86

31/5/20
Nice looking watch, thanks for the share, for a beginner like me can you break down how much the mods have set you back?

also anyone know of a good rep friendly watchmaker in Melbourne?

Reactions: miscusi

LordElrond

17/8/20
300 hands from Bill33
140 date wheel from Bill33
530 crystal crown and tube blistered from a Spanish guy on C24
160 bracelet from Puretime
350 service, modding and polish from Johnny Depp

In a couple years I may transfer those mods, plus gen auto winding group pinion barrel and mainspring on a VSF watch

Reactions: Greko86