• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mega(12) review: ARF Datejust v3 126334 and GMF 126331 Roségold wrapped jubilee

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Great review and awesome pics. I really want to pick up the ARF v3 with oyester bracelet but would want to swap the dial with a genuine silver blue arabic numeral from the DJ2 116334. The back of the gen dial for 116334 looks different from a gen 126334, even though its the same size. Do you know if its possible to swap out with mods to movement ring?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The 116334 is way easier to install. You just need to clip the dial feet and glue onto the movement. But keep in mind that it’s completely wrong dial then

saturn_0_1

Horology Curious
23/7/07
This is amazing!
I wanna do this with an Everose DayDate and I believe you just inspired me to take on that project. Unfortunately would need to source out the modding as I do not have that experience.

Reactions: mega12

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
This is amazing!
I wanna do this with an Everose DayDate and I believe you just inspired me to take on that project. Unfortunately would need to source out the modding as I do not have that experience.

Yeah would be a cool project to see!
Depending on your location, I can recommend interaktiv if you don’t know where to go.

saturn_0_1

Horology Curious
23/7/07
mega12 Awesome! Thanks! I actually just contacted him yesterday as a matter of fact regarding trying to source parts and such. I had actually even considered doing maybe some gen links to help get the weight up on the bracelet. Let's see what he recommends. I also have a BP DJ2 which he recommend I ditch for an ARF but I don't know which TD's have that one I got my BP from Trusty a while back when there was no ARF DJ2's yet.

Reactions: 4nef995

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
mega12 Awesome! Thanks! I actually just contacted him yesterday as a matter of fact regarding trying to source parts and such. I had actually even considered doing maybe some gen links to help get the weight up on the bracelet. Let's see what he recommends. I also have a BP DJ2 which he recommend I ditch for an ARF but I don't know which TD's have that one I got my BP from Trusty a while back when there was no ARF DJ2's yet.

Every TD can source every watch ;) also trusty can get them even if not listed online.

If you like to do a full gold model then it might be a good idea to get some gen parts. However, it’s wasted money. PM links cost like 400€ per piece. To add significant weight you need minimum 6 or 7 links. And the case itself will always have less weight. I don’t think that you will get close enough to the gen PM weights whatever you do and how much you spend. Thus, either go with a TT model or live with the fact that the weight is off. Everything else is crazy and “lost” money

spacecowboyuk81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/23
UK
Fantastic info and photos. Really enjoyed everything!!

Would you mind sharing where you purchased the ARF 126331 on oyster bracelet as this is exactly what I am looking to buy, but with a different colour dial. I see there is a Pink dial available on some of the two tone rose gold reps available, which looks pretty nice in the stock images.

Did the ARF Oyster bracelet come wrapped too?

Many thanks for your help.