• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger lecoultre Ultra thin moon - Dissapointed from service

amir412

Looking Around
3/9/19
Reposting my Reddit post,
Anyone can tell me how to open a ticket here? Thanks in advance.

Hi, about a few weeks i purchased Ultra Thin Moon replica from PureTime.https://puretimewatch.io/master-ult...hite-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a925-v2.html
Took 1 week for the shipping to arrive.
After usage of 2 days, i noticed the watch's time is delayed by alot from the real time. As the QA i am, i started investigating the issue, and noitced that the minutes and seconds pointers, Touch each other at specific point (At the 8:00 hour mark), therefore the time stops until the watch is getting shaked (need to really hard shake in order to release the pointers to keep working again).

I contact PureTime for a refund, and the answeres i received are kind of sad,
here is a sum of my conversation with the customer "service".
  • There is no-refund policy even in case of broken watchs.
  • Customer service qoute: "Crap happens in replicas"
  • In order to get a new model of the watch instead of mine, i need to make sure the watch has a smell of brand new, (I recieved the watch with finger prints on it, and it never had a smell of a new product, the way i opened it, you could tell it doesnt look like a brand new product)
  • I do not want to fix a brand new broken watch, think about it, how can i make sure it doesnt happen again after some time?
  • I need to pay the shipping fees in order to fix it at their's place.
  • They ordered me to send the broken watch with a statement that says its a gift under 20$, no insurance provided in case its get stuck in the custom, nor get lost via registered mail(In case it will get loss, ill get an insurance of 20$).There is no way im sending 450$ worth product like this.
The minimum i expect from a company is to give a refund or replace it without an abnormal conditions, if their product is broken. Be aware of them.

Also,
I would like to know how bad the condition is, and if it can be fixed by the average watchmaker?

Update:
I have been at multipile watchmaker, none was able to fix the problem.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Or you could easily go to a local watchsmith and pay him 20 bucks to align the hands properly, and then you can elegantly stfu Ahahahah

Reactions: jcher

amir412

Looking Around
3/9/19
mari115 Or maybe you could try really hard and post a comment that actually is readable, and doesnt look like it was written by someone with less than 10 IQ brain.
If you have bothered to read (Which obviously you didn't), i already went to 3 watch's makers and they all couldnt fix it.

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Puretime or other TD aren't Amazon, sorry for your watch but that's the game and yeah "crap happens in replica"!

Anyway, if it is a hand-stack issue it is an easy fix and if it wasn't, the miyota movement can also easily be regulated !

Reading your post and tone, I don't recommend you sending the watch back, as it will take quite some time to come back at you. And you might end up writing more post like this one...

Local watchsmith can be reluctant working on rep, luckily for you there are plenty of modders on this forum that could work on your watch...

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Reposting my Reddit post,
Anyone can tell me how to open a ticket here? Thanks in advance.

Hi, about a few weeks i purchased Ultra Thin Moon replica from PureTime.https://puretimewatch.io/master-ult...hite-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a925-v2.html
Took 1 week for the shipping to arrive.
After usage of 2 days, i noticed the watch's time is delayed by alot from the real time. As the QA i am, i started investigating the issue, and noitced that the minutes and seconds pointers, Touch each other at specific point (At the 8:00 hour mark), therefore the time stops until the watch is getting shaked (need to really hard shake in order to release the pointers to keep working again).

I contact PureTime for a refund, and the answeres i received are kind of sad,
here is a sum of my conversation with the customer "service".
  • There is no-refund policy even in case of broken watchs.
  • Customer service qoute: "Crap happens in replicas"
  • In order to get a new model of the watch instead of mine, i need to make sure the watch has a smell of brand new, (I recieved the watch with finger prints on it, and it never had a smell of a new product, the way i opened it, you could tell it doesnt look like a brand new product)
  • I do not want to fix a brand new broken watch, think about it, how can i make sure it doesnt happen again after some time?
  • I need to pay the shipping fees in order to fix it at their's place.
  • They ordered me to send the broken watch with a statement that says its a gift under 20$, no insurance provided in case its get stuck in the custom, nor get lost via registered mail(In case it will get loss, ill get an insurance of 20$).There is no way im sending 450$ worth product like this.
The minimum i expect from a company is to give a refund or replace it without an abnormal conditions, if their product is broken. Be aware of them.

Also,
I would like to know how bad the condition is, and if it can be fixed by the average watchmaker?

Update:
I have been at multipile watchmaker, none was able to fix the problem.

Welcome. I see you joined today and that this is your first and only post. You joined today just to post this thread. You purchased the watch “a few weeks ago.” Don’t bother opening a ticket. RWI can’t help you as you were not a member when you purchased your watch. Any competent watchsmith can fix your issues. I’d suggest you handle it yourself with Puretime or go back to your Reddit post.

Reactions: mari115 and jcher

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
mari115 Or maybe you could try really hard and post a comment that actually is readable, and doesnt look like it was written by someone with less than 10 IQ brain.
If you have bothered to read (Which obviously you didn't), i already went to 3 watch's makers and they all couldnt fix it.

Ok. You have to be a troll. Move on.

Reactions: mari115

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The thing is, you ask if it's an easy fix or not for the average watchmaker, and then you "update" writing that it's already been in the hands of 3 watchsmiths? This doesn't make me believe you at all. And even if it's true that you've been to 3 watchsmiths, (not a jewellery shop, but an actual watchsmith), and all 3 of them couldn't fix this absolutely joke of a problem, then they suck really hard. It's something even i could do with the proper tools, and i've never disassembled a watch.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
  • I think your post is kind of sad.
  • I don't understand why you think any of the Mods here would be willing to even look at your 'ticket' - by your own admission you weren't a member of RWI when you purchased the watch, and only joined to complain and raise a Help Desk ticket.
  • A crack addled monkey could probably fix the watch - the hands are touching - about the easiest thing to fix on a 'broken' watch.
  • Should you ever purchase a genuine watch, and should it ever develope problems, you'll find that no company will give you a refund -they repair the watch and send it back to you - and you'll pay for the shipping to them.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
  • I think your post is kind of sad.
  • I don't understand why you think any of the Mods here would be willing to even look at your 'ticket' - by your own admission you weren't a member of RWI when you purchased the watch, and only joined to complain and raise a Help Desk ticket.
  • A crack addled monkey could probably fix the watch - the hands are touching - about the easiest thing to fix on a 'broken' watch.
  • Should you ever purchase a genuine watch, and should it ever develope problems, you'll find that no company will give you a refund -they repair the watch and send it back to you - and you'll pay for the shipping to them.

i guess it's better if he goes back to Reddit

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Here we go again...another Reddit boy coming to the forum to whine.

Unfortunately, this rep hobby is very expensive due to the nature of the business. There is no refund policy as most dealers are just an individual like you and I who is trying to make a few bucks trading illegal good. Puretime and other dealers are not multibillion dollar corporations like Amazon, Walmart or Tesco that offer refund with no question asked. So with that said, you will have to accept the term of conditions the dealer offers. If the dealer says no then you most likely can't do anything about it. You can try to talk to one of the sales mods here and see what they say. My recommendation is to try to find a watchmaker who can fix your watch either in your area or here on the forum; otherwise you can sell it as is for half of the price you paid.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

OK well maybe i can lend you some help .........you were not a member here when you made this purchase , so why would you think that now you are entitled to open a ticket ?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Don't worry guys, i bet he's going to go back to Reddit, and never ever come back here, if he cared only a tad, he would have come back already to check for answers