• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROLEX GMF 126711CHNR Wrapped Gold Review Picture Comparison with GEN 116710LN

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
ROLEX GMF 126711CHNR Wrapped Gold Review Picture Comparison with GEN 116710LN

Hi guys, just received this baby and thought to share some quick pictures in comparison with my gen 116710LN. Although one is two tone and the other stainless steel, it’s amazing how close this rep gets.

It’s the wrapped version. Look and feel is great. Case shape is amazing. Lugs and gaps (no gaps) are the best I have had on a rep. Tried the gen at my AD and it really feels similar. However, weight is a little bit less than on a gen. But really not that noticeable.

Biggest flaw: bezel rotation is sometimes quite strong and it’s very little misaligned (alignment could be fixed and also happens on gens). Of course ICHS is a tell (for those who know) and the center of the hands where they are mounted on the pinions is a bit too big IMO. Apart from that it’s a really nice out of the box. Crystal and date disc is also quite good. Of course, nothing beats a gen or proff crystal, but this is an easy mod. Bracelet and clasp is great! Rotor noise is ok. Not as silent as jewel based rotors, but as silent as it can be on a 2836 :) So all in all a nice piece.

Now some pics...

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Have some issues with pictures. Will try later again

Cordsen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Denmark
Thanks for the review! How is the gold compared to gen? And which factory is this? VRF, Noob, BP, ARF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Thanks for the review! How is the gold compared to gen? And which factory is this? VRF, Noob, BP, ARF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, the color of rose gold is very close. No chance to distinguish IMO. Factory is GMF

antoktok

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
man that rep looks awesome, might pull the trigger on that one

Wolex

7/2/20
This looks fantastic. Old post I know, but was wondering if you can let us know what movement is this rep? ETA 2836?

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
This looks fantastic. Old post I know, but was wondering if you can let us know what movement is this rep? ETA 2836?

Yes, this was an Asian 2836 movement. Back in time there was not many CHS or at least „reliable“ CHS out there and the clone 3185/3186 didn’t exist yet

Wolex

7/2/20
Asian 2836 movement.

Thanks for getting back to me! Do you still have the watch? After owning it for more than a year,

Q1: how did you find in terms of the movement's reliability?

Q2: And also the gold wrap durability? Any issues on both counts?

I was looking at the GMF or VRF rootbeer. VRF is like yours with 2836 movement but the GMF has a SA3285 (V3). The hand stacks for the GMF looks just perfect and I see that the gold colour is good too according to your review. But many says beware of timebomb movement hence I decided to wait a bit...

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Thanks for getting back to me! Do you still have the watch? After owning it for more than a year,

Q1: how did you find in terms of the movement's reliability?

Q2: And also the gold wrap durability? Any issues on both counts?

I was looking at the GMF or VRF rootbeer. VRF is like yours with 2836 movement but the GMF has a SA3285 (V3). The hand stacks for the GMF looks just perfect and I see that the gold colour is good too according to your review. But many says beware of timebomb movement hence I decided to wait a bit...

Take the GMF v3 wrapped gold and you won’t be disappointed. I sold mine but bought a gen yacht master 116621 with black dial meanwhile. Otherwise it’s a great rep!