• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trustytime horror story, 2 watches, 1 full year

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
why is it a problem selling reps on ebay? sorry for this dumb question, I'm not familiar with ebay

Well.... are you gonna list it as a replica watch? Because your listing will get tossed out in a second.

The only other option would be to pretend it’s a gen. This is basically a scam. Again, highly illegal.

The only possible way I can think of that would be considered some what ok to sell on eBay would be to part it out and sell the parts as aftermarket parts.
i.e. asian clone movement for sale. Aftermarket dial. Hands for eta movement. Aftermarket case..etc. even then, that’s still quite shady.

No matter which way you sell anything on eBay would be illegal unless you are just selling a movement and hand set. Everything else would just be counterfeit items for sale.

Oh and you’ll get banned here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: efajri

Billy Longpockets

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/19
UK
Ninefourteener, l have just read of your misfortune and without twisting the knife did you at any point get in touch with the guys in the forum to seek any guidance or advice. If you did could you please tell me what the advice was..
As for Trey-van, could you please not use other members posts to vice your gripes about something which has nothing to do with Ninefourteener's problems..

tomjoad

Known Member
7/1/19
Australia
I didn’t realise it was possible to sell on eBay? This is certainly not a good idea even if they allow it ? Did you receive a 1 year warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

jmclr4

Horology Curious
24/8/19
Brooklyn NY
Selling counterfeit goods on eBay is a crime. In addition the watch manufacture such as Rolex can sue you civilly for trademark infringement. I was a Police Officer in NY and we used to go to Canal Street with reps from Rolex, Coach and other bag companies and arrest the vendors.

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Selling counterfeit goods on eBay is a crime. In addition the watch manufacture such as Rolex can sue you civilly for trademark infringement. I was a Police Officer in NY and we used to go to Canal Street with reps from Rolex, Coach and other bag companies and arrest the vendors.

F+++ the po-lice.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Something isn't right with the story. I've seen reps on Ebay and they get taken down pretty fast. So I'm calling B.S. on that. unless I see a link to the ad. Also, I never send a watch back to China to be repaired. There are repair guys here on the site. Or you may have a local watchsmith that might work on it. Those two are much better choices than sending back to China for a repair. Fishy story all the way around. Not the dealer's fault.

Colibri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
United Kingdom

selling counterfeit goods most places is a crime