• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trustytime horror story, 2 watches, 1 full year

Ninefourteener

Looking Around
20/7/19
In the interest of fairness, I will say that Andrew has always been very responsive, accommodating, and never let me feel as if my problems were ignored. Yes, this is my first post, but I've been here many times before to research, which is what led me to buy from him originally (He was regarded as a quality seller).

my story starts about a year ago. I'll try to summarize it all with bullet points to shorten the overall post.

Purchased "highest quality" U-Boat bronze Chimera Automatic for $425. - the one that was supposedly re-created using an actual chimera. Transparent back, and even the rotor and internals were exact duplicates of the original.

2 months, a dozen or so wears.... watch completely stopped working. The rotor spun freely, loosely, and would not wind the watch at all.

Returned watch for repair. Watch came back 2 months later with a generic, all-black, unlabeled internals. After paying for an exact replica, I was very upset after receiving my watch back with generic internals. It was "obviously" a fake now.

returned again.... immediately.

email after email after email. Dozens of them. The parts were not available. Nearly SEVEN MONTHS AND DOZENS OF EMAIL INQUIRIES went by. I bought this watch almost a year ago, but only had it in my "posession" for about 2 months.

Finally, Andrew agreed to replace it with a different watch. Excitedly, I chose another high-end Panerai 1950 GMT Carbotech.... also with transparent back, and exact replica internals.

it arrived. Just like the U-boat, it looked great. 4 days later, I realized it just wasn't my style, and I didn't want to risk another episode of breakage,.because I wasn't sure if my original 1-year warrantee applied, or if I got a new 1-year warrantee with the new watch.

I sold it on ebay.... for considerably less that I originally paid for the Uboat. Whatever... at least it was out of my hands.

5 days later.... the buyer wrote me. It broke. Stopped winding, the GMT function stopped working entirely, and the crown was loose.

i clearly stated that no refunds/returns would be accepted in the auction. I also suppose it is possible that the buyer wound it too far and broke it. While I'm not "responsible" for it... I still feel like a terrible person.

In the end... I have no watch..... and I'm glad.

Andrew is a good guy.... but the watches are complete garbage..... even by Chinese standards. I've had 2 different watches, both of them among the "highest possible quality available".... and both broke and became completely inoperative after only a few wears.

Me? I've learned a valuable lesson. Never, ever again.

You? You've been warned.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
The reliability of the movements that come with these watches are really a matter of luck, which is why most members go for workhorse movements that can be fixed or replaced easily. Though 2 for 2 broken movements within a few days of ownership, sound like extraordinary bad luck.

Reactions: pippo

gatty

Known Member
30/5/19
Texas
Seriously? You want a quality product go buy a gen. These were $400 watches...also the 1 year warranty comment made me LOL

Reactions: Tucker

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This is not really a fault of the TD. Your results would have been similar (in terms of probabilities) if you had purchased from another TD. These super-clone movements are flaky. Either you get a dud (like you did) or you could get a gem (like I got 2). I have ordered one with super-clone movement recently, and after QC have asked TD to run it through the gauntlet prior to shipping it. He has been at it for the past 2 weeks and he says it is still functioning fine and will ship it over soon. Note however, this our newest TD, the older ones will refuse extra bother. Even this fella might not bother after his business increases!!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Wait you sold the rep panerai on ebay? Big no no! Shouldn’t be doing things like that, especially when your on a ‘legit’ forum for selling rep watches...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Take away points...only buy movements which have an ETA counterpart. The superclone movements are hit or miss and the only ones which are truly repairable with Genuine parts are the 313x and 4130. The Panerai and Omega superclones are not repairable with genuine parts. the uboat was probably a standard movement decorated to look like the genuine movement.

I'm at a loss for words about you selling it on eBay. You should refund the buyer to avoid legal headaches. Send it back to China and get it fixed or sell it here for parts or repair.

Reactions: Kostiksch and pippo

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Supporter
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Again, before posting your gripes here should PM a mod first. That will go way further, quicker then this. That is what they are here for.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
In the interest of fairness, I will say that Andrew has always been very responsive, accommodating, and never let me feel as if my problems were ignored. Yes, this is my first post, but I've been here many times before to research, which is what led me to buy from him originally (He was regarded as a quality seller).

my story starts about a year ago. I'll try to summarize it all with bullet points to shorten the overall post.
mail

Purchased "highest quality" U-Boat bronze Chimera Automatic for $425. - the one that was supposedly re-created using an actual chimera. Transparent back, and even the rotor and internals were exact duplicates of the original.

2 months, a dozen or so wears.... watch completely stopped working. The rotor spun freely, loosely, and would not wind the watch at all.

Returned watch for repair. Watch came back 2 months later with a generic, all-black, unlabeled internals. After paying for an exact replica, I was very upset after receiving my watch back with generic internals. It was "obviously" a fake now.

email after email after email. Dozens of them. The parts were not available. Nearly SEVEN MONTHS AND DOZENS OF EMAIL INQUIRIES went by. I bought this watch almost a year ago, but only had it in my "posession" for about 2 months.

Finally, Andrew agreed to replace it with a different watch. Excitedly, I chose another high-end Panerai 1950 GMT Carbotech.... also with transparent back, and exact replica internals.

it arrived. Just like the U-boat, it looked great. 4 days later, I realized it just wasn't my style, and I didn't want to risk another episode of breakage,.because I wasn't sure if my original 1-year warrantee applied, or if I got a new 1-year warrantee with the new watch.

I sold it on ebay....
mail
for considerably less that I originally paid for the Uboat. Whatever... at least it was out of my hands.

5 days later.... the buyer wrote me. It broke. Stopped winding, the GMT function stopped working entirely, and the crown was loose.

i clearly stated that no refunds/returns would be accepted in the auction. I also suppose it is possible that the buyer wound it too far and broke it. While I'm not "responsible" for it... I still feel like a terrible person.

Andrew is a good guy.... but the watches are complete garbage..... even by Chinese standards. I've had 2 different watches, both of them among the "highest possible quality available".... and both broke and became completely inoperative after only a few wears.

mail
…...

You? You've been warned.
That's quite a story ..

Reactions: Rx4Time

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Terrible first post.
Congrats for raising the bar for future new members.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yes, this is my first post, but I've been here many times before to research, which is what led me to buy from him originally (He was regarded as a quality seller).

I’m calling b.s. on you immediately. You haven’t researched diddly doo. You left Reddit just long enough to start a complaint thread. If you had done any kind of research you would know: 1) Trusty isn’t a TD on RWI; 2) you never sell a rep on eBay; and 3) Trusty doesn’t manufacture the watches and has no control over the movements. Go away.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I’m calling b.s. on you immediately. You haven’t researched diddly doo. You left Reddit just long enough to start a complaint thread. If you had done any kind of research you would know: 1) Trusty isn’t a TD on RWI; 2) you never sell a rep on eBay; and 3) Trusty doesn’t manufacture the watches and has no control over the movements. Go away.

What he said ! 100 % ! AAA+++

MarkSSl

Looking Around
22/7/19

I sold it on ebay.... for considerably less that I originally paid for the Uboat. Whatever... at least it was out of my hands.

You? You've been warned.

Just buy from Dealer Clocks. My PAM 719 is the dogs danglies. Wear it daily. Feels and looks like the real deal

Trey Van

Looking Around
27/7/19
Hi! I’m new here and also a new to the rep game. Made my first purchase ever for a noob daydate 40 on trustytime with Andrew. Payed with PayPal and everything went good until he emailed me couple days after the purchase saying it is not in stock and he is waiting on the factory, eventually I waited then couple days later I told him I want a refund. He said it’ll take 24-48 hours for the refund and now it’s been 4 days and last thing he said was they are busy since it’s summer time and now they aren’t replying to any of my emails. This is such a horrible experience, I just want my money back. Please can someone give me suggestions on what to do cause I don’t want to find out I just got scammed of $400.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hi! I’m new here and also a new to the rep game. Made my first purchase ever for a noob daydate 40 on trustytime with Andrew. Payed with PayPal and everything went good until he emailed me couple days after the purchase saying it is not in stock and he is waiting on the factory, eventually I waited then couple days later I told him I want a refund. He said it’ll take 24-48 hours for the refund and now it’s been 4 days and last thing he said was they are busy since it’s summer time and now they aren’t replying to any of my emails. This is such a horrible experience, I just want my money back. Please can someone give me suggestions on what to do cause I don’t want to find out I just got scammed of $400.

Nope, you cancelled the order because you didn't want to wait and expected your refund to be instantaneous.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19

It's a bit like your first bang. You either go balls deep or you pull out too quick. I think you pulled out too quick. I edited my polite post after seeing your duplicate waffle on another thread. Sorry champ

Last edited:
Reactions: joeyc

antoktok

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
why is it a problem selling reps on ebay? sorry for this dumb question, I'm not familiar with ebay