• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review Noob LN v8 / v9 LV / Regmariner Hulk comparison / Submariner 116610

audiwt

25/5/18
I hope you Guys can help me. Where can I buy an BP Dial? Thanks for Help.

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
f0ad5af3f392511a4c58020aec96c709.jpg

88c772fa614cdacb6ef16706bcafa016.jpg

fdef5cb19ecbc891dd8f5a0b63c049f3.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Maybe the rep maker should use this for the right color. Lol :)

5e28701ed7542dd1aeb484956c00c67a.jpg

Chade

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Thanks man.
Yeah, Regmariner no Date it quite nice. IMO no need to change anything. No date issues, no cyclops issues, bezel has different construction, but who cares. Really nice watch for the money. Usually it should be possible to switch from 2813 to 2836 movement (I did it with my Noob), but honestly I would keep the 2813 as long as it lasts. Doesn’t make sense to put money in here. Sometimes, 2813 rotor noise is even more quiet than 2836 and so on.
Apart from that, Noob no date (I think v8) is also a very good choice for the money. I even saw some v6s Noob no date at intime, which seems still available. If you can get this, this would be a killer. V6S bracelet and clasp is the most closest to gen.

Thanks for the whole review, it must have been a lot of work writing your experience down.
And thanks for backing up my plan of getting the v8 Nodate. When it comes to rep subs its like pick your flaw and live with it.

Reactions: mega12

Watch34eu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
unbelievable
and a big thanks for the time to make every pics
every factory have particularity we need to pay attention to the details
a very well done job

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts mega12, you’ve added substantially to the Hulk discussion!

As far as I learned, Regmariner is a Thai-based manufacturer and is mainly distributed by Narikaa.
A small point - ”Regmariner” isn’t the name of a manufacturer. Narikaa’s real name is Reg. The budget Subs that he sells have become known as “Regmariners” as a result. :)

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts mega12, you’ve added substantially to the Hulk discussion!

A small point - ”Regmariner” isn’t the name of a manufacturer. Narikaa’s real name is Reg. The budget Subs that he sells have become known as “Regmariners” as a result. :)

Cool thanks.
Didn’t know that before :)

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

Reactions: p0pperini

museguy

19/10/12
My conclusion: I will replace DateDisc by gen one and mount gen bezel assembly on my v9 because I have them already. However, if you like a hulk, go and get the gen one or stick to a cheap regmariner. Everything in between is a waste of time and money. In addition, I don’t know, why there is not more people talking about the v8. It’s a solid 316L Sub for ~300€ and you could easily upgrade or Franken it.

I think I will switch my v6s clasp, gen crystal and BP dial to my v8 2836 case and that’s fine for me then, because it will never become perfect anyway.

Dear mega12 ,

Thank you for your excellent review !

I would like to "try out" a 116610LN (black dial) and can't get myself to spend $500 or more for Noob V10 or ARF V3. I have an ARF Oyster Perpetual dark rhodium, love the watch, beautifully made and very "low key". Afraid that the 116610LN might be too much bling for me, hence wanting to "try out" the 116610LN.

Thinking of getting the NoobV8S with date 2824, it seems that it is the best compromise between quality and cost.

Am I understanding your conclusion that the V8 "why there is not more people talking about the v8. It’s a solid 316L Sub for ~300€ and you could easily upgrade or Franken it."

What I have been reading is the ARF bracelet / clasp might be better that the Noob, but the Noob will take genuine parts without modification.

Thank you !

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Dear mega12 ,

Thank you for your excellent review !

I would like to "try out" a 116610LN (black dial) and can't get myself to spend $500 or more for Noob V10 or ARF V3. I have an ARF Oyster Perpetual dark rhodium, love the watch, beautifully made and very "low key". Afraid that the 116610LN might be too much bling for me, hence wanting to "try out" the 116610LN.

Thinking of getting the NoobV8S with date 2824, it seems that it is the best compromise between quality and cost.

Am I understanding your conclusion that the V8 "why there is not more people talking about the v8. It’s a solid 316L Sub for ~300€ and you could easily upgrade or Franken it."

What I have been reading is the ARF bracelet / clasp might be better that the Noob, but the Noob will take genuine parts without modification.

Thank you !

Thanks man.

Yeah probably you should try it before.

Yes, I liked the v8 a lot. It’s a solid watch for a decent price. For sure, the case of 2824 is a bit different than the 3135 cases in terms of stem heights, crown guards... but before having them next to each other, I never noticed the differences and probably no one will ever recognize the difference in daily life (apart from the guys on this forum ;))

With regards to gen comparability it depends on what you like to mod.
E.g. Saphire is no Problem to change.
You can also mount a gen insert. But this needs to be glued instead of pressed.
Gen bezel won’t fit on noob crystal ring.
But gen crystal ring will fit and gen bezel will fit then as well.
Gen date disc can’t be easily mounted on 2824, but can be mounted as an overlay... so you see, it depends on what you wanna do.

Recently I managed to press my first gen insert into a gen bezel without cracking it.
As it was a gen hulk one, you can imagine that my heartbeat went up to 180... lol

496ecf9e0f780597bef05b0ca431ff86.jpg

50c89234af8606bef570e9fbc466ad31.jpg

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist

Reactions: museguy

museguy

19/10/12
Thanks man.

Yeah probably you should try it before.

Yes, I liked the v8 a lot. It’s a solid watch for a decent price. For sure, the case of 2824 is a bit different than the 3135 cases in terms of stem heights, crown guards... but before having them next to each other, I never noticed the differences and probably no one will ever recognize the difference in daily life (apart from the guys on this forum ;))

With regards to gen comparability it depends on what you like to mod.
E.g. Saphire is no Problem to change.
You can also mount a gen insert. But this needs to be glued instead of pressed.
Gen bezel won’t fit on noob crystal ring.
But gen crystal ring will fit and gen bezel will fit then as well.
Gen date disc can’t be easily mounted on 2824, but can be mounted as an overlay... so you see, it depends on what you wanna do.

Recently I managed to press my first gen insert into a gen bezel without cracking it.
As it was a gen hulk one, you can imagine that my heartbeat went up to 180... lol

496ecf9e0f780597bef05b0ca431ff86.jpg

50c89234af8606bef570e9fbc466ad31.jpg

Thank you mega12 !

The green of the genuine insert is beautiful.

Have you found that both the ARF 2824 and Noob 2824 have the same compatibility with genuine ?

I have read from others about difficulty with ARF and genuine parts; The road to My Franken 116610LN

Very kind of you to answer my questions, very much appreciated.

Cheers

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Thank you mega12 !

The green of the genuine insert is beautiful.

Have you found that both the ARF 2824 and Noob 2824 have the same compatibility with genuine ?

I have read from others about difficulty with ARF and genuine parts; The road to My Franken 116610LN

Very kind of you to answer my questions, very much appreciated.

Cheers

ARF and Noob differ in terms of gen compability.
E.g. ARF dials are wider in terms of diameter and you can’t fit them easily into a noob case without sanding. On the other hand, ARF uses a retaining crystal ring which accepts gen bezel directly.

Nonetheless, crystal can be replaced at both in same way, date disc overlay would be the same for both as well. Gen hands won’t be possible at both without modding the pinions, gen dial won’t be possible at both without cutting dial feet and so on...

So the question is, what do you like to mod and achieve?

IMO noob is basically a better base for modding. ARF is better OOB. But you are searching for a “cheap 2836” v8. Thus, I don’t understand the way you like to go.

A good 3135 base might cost 100€ more and is definitely a better base for both (again, noob has better case). So once you like to mod and invest a few hundred bugs into crystals, date discs or whatsoever, I won’t save 100 bugs at the base...

Reactions: museguy

museguy

19/10/12
ARF and Noob differ in terms of gen compatibility.
E.g. ARF dials are wider in terms of diameter and you can’t fit them easily into a noob case without sanding. On the other hand, ARF uses a retaining crystal ring which accepts gen bezel directly.

Nonetheless, crystal can be replaced at both in same way, date disc overlay would be the same for both as well. Gen hands won’t be possible at both without modding the pinions, gen dial won’t be possible at both without cutting dial feet and so on...

So the question is, what do you like to mod and achieve?

IMO noob is basically a better base for modding. ARF is better OOB. But you are searching for a “cheap 2836” v8. Thus, I don’t understand the way you like to go.

A good 3135 base might cost 100€ more and is definitely a better base for both (again, noob has better case). So once you like to mod and invest a few hundred bugs into crystals, date discs or whatsoever, I won’t save 100 bugs at the base...

Dear mega12

Thank you for your patience with my questions.

Yes, I am going in two directions at once, trying to decide about Out of the Box (OOB) vs Franken and you have answered that question;

"IMO noob is basically a better base for modding. ARF is better OOB."​

In a nutshell,

If I want the most reliable OOB watch it is the ARF 2824, if I want the most reliable watch for some modification it is the Noob V8S (or 2824 V9 or 2824 V10), if I want the best watch to Franken it is the Noob V10 3135.
​​​​​
Very much appreciated !

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Dear mega12

Thank you for your patience with my questions.

Yes, I am going in two directions at once, trying to decide about Out of the Box (OOB) vs Franken and you have answered that question;

"IMO noob is basically a better base for modding. ARF is better OOB."​

In a nutshell,

If I want the most reliable OOB watch it is the ARF 2824, if I want the most reliable watch for some modification it is the Noob V8S (or 2824 V9 or 2824 V10), if I want the best watch to Franken it is the Noob V10 3135.
​​​​​
Very much appreciated !

No problem and correctly summarized.
Happy to help.

Just one comment because you mentioned “if I want the most reliable...”
Noob uses VR3135 movements since last badges of v9. The VR movement is a killer IMO. It has the same reliability as 2824/2836. no need to mod anything. I purchased one for my Hulk Franken and it had no Service since then (just some lubrication). It runs like my gens do. Great movement IMO and no mods required. If something breaks, you can replace the part by gen parts. In addition, don’t forget that 2824/2836 use ball bearing constructed rotors which causes some nois while shaking and wearing. Some more, some less. If you are sensitive about that you should stick to 3135 movements.

museguy

19/10/12
No problem and correctly summarized.
Happy to help.

Just one comment because you mentioned “if I want the most reliable...”
Noob uses VR3135 movements since last badges of v9. The VR movement is a killer IMO. It has the same reliability as 2824/2836. no need to mod anything. I purchased one for my Hulk Franken and it had no Service since then (just some lubrication). It runs like my gens do. Great movement IMO and no mods required. If something breaks, you can replace the part by gen parts. In addition, don’t forget that 2824/2836 use ball bearing constructed rotors which causes some noise while shaking and wearing. Some more, some less. If you are sensitive about that you should stick to 3135 movements.

Dear mega12

Thank you for mentioning the rotor noise with the 2824, I have a Noob IWC Laureus Sport Ingenieur with 2824. I tend not to wear the watch because of the rotor noise and vibration.

I live in Mexico City and had not had any luck finding a watchmaker here that works on replicas. Shipping back to the USA is expensive and I am thinking eventually a shipment will get lost.

So I am back to either the ZZF V2 VR3135 or the Noob V10 VR3135.

At the moment thinking the ZZF only because I don't have the money to start down the Franken road.

Cheers

Last edited: