• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster 2013 Racing "Tin tin" - just received & review

Jim.Kirk

Horology Curious
20/9/18
I've recently begun posting and I wanted to write up a review of my newly-arrived rep, as well as a review of the buying process. Maybe someone who's on the fence about buying a rep can use the information. Also, I notice we're light on Speedmaster reviews on this forum, so here goes. Go easy on me. PHOTOS BELOW- All photos mine except gen photo at bottom.

PURCHASED: Omega Speedmaster 2013 Racing "Tin tin" on stainless steel band

CYxKe.md.jpg

BUYING EXPERIENCE
I purchased from this forum's list of trusted dealers (TD), and in this case, Asian7750 (otherwise known as "Tony") I did the whole transaction via email and did not use the website at all, per the excellent instructions here. From my initial "cold-call" email asking about availability, to at-home delivery was 24 days. Tony was excellent, though concise. Meaning this is not Amazon and you're not going to get 5 emails a day with up-to-the-second statuses. Tony would always answer within a day. He answered all my questions (I didn't ask a lot) and was 100% honest in everything promised and delivered.

We didn't haggle. His prices were the lowest on this particular watch. He gave me a total price with shipping and offered 10% off for wiring money through Western Union. It was a little stressful to go to the nearest Western Union and send cash to some unknown name in China with nothing more than an email, but I trusted this forum and did it. He said he could ship it within a week, and he did. He sent QC pics within a few days; nothing fancy, just the basics.

SHIPPING/RECEIPT
I paid $30 for shipping which was a bit high in retrospect because he shipped the watch China EMS which is "slow-boat" for sure (depending on your destination). I won't elaborate on how it was packaged or shipped since it might be detrimental to the TDs so I'll just say it was shipped well-protected, and arrived without a hassle. It was about 14 days to the US after receiving a tracking number from Tony.

QUALITY
The watch is beautiful. The band is well-made and the whole watch came protected with plastic film. It came from the "JH" Factory, per the stickers and hang-tags. The crystal was perfect and the band and parts were all as promised.

The Speedmaster reps, as everyone knows who frequent this forum, are not great. They are very, very nice, but suffer from a few "tells" for those looking for perfect 1:1 reps. The subdials are the biggest problem in the the gen has 3 subdials spaced very close to the center of the watch. The rep subdials are more widely spaced toward the perimeter of the watch face. On the Tin tin, the subdial placement means that the hash-marks at 3, 6 and 9 are not there. The gen has pronounced white hashes at those positions.

The subdials don't all work as on the gen. the 6-o'clock subdial simply matches the hour hand, though the other two function. The minute and hour hands are a tiny bit thinner than the gen and the hash-marks at each hour are a bit thinner. It's only noticeable to an expert on Speedies.

This watch comes with the "Lemania" movement which, as most here know, is the same as the Seagull ST-19. In fact, it is likely the ST1903 movement. It is a manual (hand-wind) movement that is robust and has a good reputation on this forum.

CYQYI.md.jpg

SUMMARY
Great experience (my first buying a rep). It's a gorgeous watch (to my eyes) and, though a rep, brings a lot of satisfaction and none of the worry a gen would bring, with current prices at nearly $9,000. I'd buy from Asian7750 again, and it's a solid TD.

TIPS:
1. Be patient.
2. Don't ask 250 questions, and don't constantly ask for reassurance
3. Take the plunge with confidence. Sometimes things go wrong, but TDs will help you
4. Read this forum first- especially the newbie topics
5. Do your own research- look at all the websites
6. Don't expect perfection in every facet.
7. Relax

CYvGF.md.jpg

CYcUo.md.jpg

CY9YT.md.jpg

A COMPARISON OF MY REP TO GEN:

Last edited:

Replica01

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/16
Great piece and review! How is the case thickness compared to the gen?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Captainlove2

Looking Around
6/10/18
Hi Jim I was given the tracking number by Tony Yesterday but I can’t track my item still , did you have the same problem?

Acaicia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/3/19
A well written review! Thanks for the details.

Since you wrote this, Asian7750 has added a new, slightly more expensive version that fixed at the aforementioned problems

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Great write up thank you, I ordered one and am having the 6 O'Clock subdial frozen so it doesn't move, The Subdial size is a problem I will live with until I see if ever a better dial appears or win the Lottery.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
IMG_130401451aaa78632411.jpg

Yes its Genuine and yes the replica is still on its way so you will see them side by side

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18

Since you wrote this, Asian7750 has added a new, slightly more expensive version that fixed at the aforementioned problems

Pics please.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
As you mentioned, speedys are difficult to rep as the distance between the chapter rings / indicators and the subdials are a give away but otherwise a nice review

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
IMG_2133d0d6e3dd6a4aa39c.jpg

IMG_213633ea91f0469d6974.jpg

IMG_2091db534d23876800a8.jpg

Obviously the subdials are the big tell but what bugs me is the rep subdial at 6 is linked to the hour hand, That subdial should only move if an hour has elapsed on the chronograph. I had Adrian Freeze mine and check the movement.. This rep will sell soon, I only bought it for comparison and entertainment to see what could be done

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

Mhanslot

Looking Around
4/2/21

Hi could you point me to the direction to where I may purchase one with the fixed details