Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Announcing PICR.me , RWI's own image hosting site!
See more
See less

How I built my Franken Submariner 16610 JF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I’m happy if this review might help some of you. That’s why this forum is such great and maybe one day you can return something that I missed in my thread

Comment

Wow. That's incredible. Gorgeous watch. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I bought a TC with gen insert. See the different greens that are available. Also nice. TC has ST bezel and noname glass plus WSO DWO. Really nice watch for „low“ budget apart from gen insert.

PS: my last build, a final bluesy is still under construction

Comment

Comment

Today, just for fun. My own summer edition

Comment

Ok, I couldn’t resist and built another watch. This time, a super Franken. IMHO this beauty can be considered even as a complete gen. Why? Because everywhere you see Rolex, you either get Rolex or genuine Aftermarket parts that are not considered as Replica. E.g. Caseback is a customized sapphire one, mid case is a sterile ST one, movement, only 19 parts are sterile yuki ones (remember, a 3135 movement has more than 80 parts). Rest on this watch comes directly from R Factory and is gen! Maybe not always period correct or in an existing combination, but I love it.

- ST case with lug wholes
              - Hybrid movement (80% gen parts - see pic overview. Built by my friend kcireseals. Great build! Thanks a lot for your support!)
              - Gen Date Disc champagne
              - Customized Sapphire Caseback
              - Gen Bluesy insert
              - Gen Bezel assembly
              - Gen or TC v6 Diver extension Seller was not sure if diver extension is gen or TC, anyway for me it seems perfect and very smooth like gen - that’s the only part on this watch where I am not sure to call gen, but I do also own a TC and would say, this could be definitely considered as gen
              - Gen used Clasp 93250 - Clasp code PJ12 (2008)
              - Gen used bands 93250 - SEL Code 801 (2001). First SEL.
              - Gen tube 24-7030-0
              - Gen crown 7mm
              - Gen 16808/16803 Blue dial Could be 16613/16618 dial. Can’t tell difference as usually the only change was length of dial feet. But this wasn’t a problem while mounting, so seems for me like a 16613.
              - Gen Gold YM 16623 hands Not correct, but beautiful. They are same size as LV maxi hands, but in nice gold. And I prefer maxi hands.

Comment

My own Tudor BlackBay Homage

Comment

Epic post mega12! Thank you so much for sharing.

Doing it yourself is a lot more fun, despite of the risk of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by m.rad View Post
                    Epic post mega12! Thank you so much for sharing.

Doing it yourself is a lot more fun, despite of the risk of failure.
                    Thanks for your feedback man!

Comment

Damn guys. One of my LV inserts turned out to be fake. Be careful with this. Purchased for a high price. Will post later what I learned again and how to identify rep vs gen

Comment

Member JackJ1980 shared with me the following information regarding fake inserts:

Every gen Rolex insert for the 16610 has four distinctive marks where it was punched into the aluminum. It’s the one thing the rep people haven’t figured out yet. Often you see rare inserts with gen pearls, but you’ll see it’s glued and not punched in. Obviously, mine doesn’t have those marks.

Here’s a thread were this has been discussed as well
                        https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...el-gen-or-fake

Thus, be careful with those rare gen things. I would say, a high percentage is still faked although it’s sold as gen and comes in „opened“ blister.
                        I hope I can get my money back... But chances are rather low. Let’s see and mind your purchases

Comment

Rolex 16610 lv bezel gen or fake
                          https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Comment

Originally posted by mega12 View Post
                            Member JackJ1980 shared with me the following information regarding fake inserts:

Every gen Rolex insert for the 16610 has four distinctive marks where it was punched into the aluminum. It’s the one thing the rep people haven’t figured out yet. Often you see rare inserts with gen pearls, but you’ll see it’s glued and not punched in. Obviously, mine doesn’t have those marks.

Here’s a thread were this has been discussed as well
                            https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...el-gen-or-fake

Thus, be careful with those rare gen things. I would say, a high percentage is still faked although it’s sold as gen and comes in „opened“ blister.
                            I hope I can get my money back... But chances are rather low. Let’s see and mind your purchases
                            You wouldn’t be jumping into the hobby head first and having fun if it didn’t happen to you once. A rite of passage almost
                            Pictures hosted by http://www.pixelsbin.com/ since photobucket crapped out. Great alternative for those looking.

I use the same name for repgeek.com, rwg.bz, rwg.cc, and horologyboard.com

Comment

Lovely thread mate!!! Congratulations... I also love the faded blue insert on the LV ... but during the summer I switched back to green
                              Can you give more info about the blue bracelet you install with in the photo?
                              Searching Parts:
                              TC DWO v4
                              Datejust Dial with Roman Numerals

Comment

Originally posted by ginopino View Post
                                Lovely thread mate!!! Congratulations... I also love the faded blue insert on the LV ... but during the summer I switched back to green
                                Can you give more info about the blue bracelet you install with in the photo?
                                Thanks man. Highly appreciated.

The blue bracelet was a rather cheap china copy of a rubber b (~25€). As I do also own a gen rubber b, I can feel 1000% the difference of material and wouldn’t recommend this to any other. Anyway, it looks nice and there is an official gen version rubberb.com, which I would definitely recommend if you wanna have a nice Franken

Comment

Working...
                                X