Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

***Pictorial review*** BP 2017 Sea Dweller from Trustytime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Pictorial review*** BP 2017 Sea Dweller from Trustytime

Hi Guys,

Rarely posting nowadays due to a busy private life but... still here though and still buying a watch every now and then. Kudos to Andrew for the quick deliverey and rocketfast communication as always.

Recenlty I purchased the new 2017 Sea Dweller from Andrew. A previous version from another factory was launched already but i knew this BP version was on his way. Finally it's here. The Deepsea I still own but I wear the regular subs more because of the balanced look. The minute I saw this 2017 version was launched I knew I had to have one. For me this is kinda a BIG Submariner brought as a Sea Dweller. Due to the balanced looks I wanted one. The bracelet is more balanced towards the size of the watch IMO.

Also, the ARF version (with the so called 904L steel) was not made from a genuine piece. BP did purchased the GEN and they have the HE valve made correct as per GEN. One of the reasons I went for this version. You can see some comparison pics up here: http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=17861

The thing I noticed after receiving was the smooth polished bracelet. It seems they put allot of attention into the finishing touch (no sharp edges). Although it is a big Rolex it wears perfect. I made some pics so you guy can judge the quality.

Specs from Trusty:

Ultimate 1:1 BP Factory Basel 2017 Rolex Ref.126600 Sea Dweller 43mm
    This is the Ultimate version made 1:1 with reference to a Genuine Ref.126600
    Correct 21mm Lug Width Bracelet

MOVEMENT: Nickel Plated Asia Clone 3235 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph with Perforated Rotor, Decorated Bridges & Plates to look like Genuine Calibre 3235.
    CASE DIAMETER: 43mm
    THICKNESS: 14mm
    DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Round markers and "Single Red" Graphic on Dial
    (With Swiss Grade Blue Superlume Applied)
    CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F (With Correct Color Tone for the "HE Valve")
    BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316F with Flip Lock Deployant Buckle
    FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal (Same thickness as Genuine) - Etched crown at 6:00 position
    CASE BACK: Solid case back with detailed engraving
    BEZEL: Uni-directional High Grade Ceramic Diver Bezel, Anti-Clockwise (With Superlume on Bezel Dot)
    HACK MOVEMENT: Yes
    CLASP TYPE: Deployant Buckle
    DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position (Adjusted via the crown)

OTHER REMARKS:

Waterproofed to 30m direct from Factory
    HE Valve at 9:00 has same color tone as genuine

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

How's the Date wheel overlay alignment? In the one picture it looks like it's a little far left, but it may be the angle of the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by technobabel22, post: 3727845, member: 150384
      How's the Date wheel overlay alignment? In the one picture it looks like it's a little far left, but it may be the angle of the photo.
      Sofar all seems good... checked several dates...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like magnification is too big, and or date is to bold
        https://imageshack.com/i/pm2OQgPpj

Comment

Great photos, thank you for the effort!

Comment

Great photos, thank you for the effort!

Comment

Hi nice review .so would you say even though this isn’t 904L it’s better than the ARF model and noob v7’s
              Also how does the 3235 stack up

Comment

Originally posted by Foz71, post: 3738420, member: 162239
                Hi nice review .so would you say even though this isn’t 904L it’s better than the ARF model and noob v7’s
                Also how does the 3235 stack up
                Am interested to know about how this stacks up against th ARF too.

Comment

@mike00 can you post some shots of the dial face-on so we can take a better look at the DW?

And how's the watch treating you?

Comment

Looks great! DW looks okay to me, but is the rehaut slightly shallow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

But the rolex clone movement still scaries me too much... I prefer what ARF did by chosing a reliable/easy to repair mvmt.

Comment

Sorry. ARF remains the superior rep except for the bezel teeth basically. That datewheel and crystal is horrendous. Although i installed a genuine crystal on my ARF V2, the stock crystal is pretty good. Also the best datewheel goes to ARF in stock form (V2 and up). The only thing that might be better and i prefer on the noob is the insert itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X