• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
This arrived yesterday from WatchOutlet and I snapped a few shots that night. After getting some wrist time today, my general thoughts are it's a great rep even with it's shortcomings. The model I received was updated from the model shown on the TD's site, which was a welcome change due to the updated spacing in the bezel rubber, as well as updated back lug engraving from the old "Stainless Steel" wording, to the correct "Titanium" one.

Its a large watch, coming in at 45.5mm, but fits well with the lug shape and the thickness is similar to other large diameter watches. Case engravings are crisp, and the orange bezel rubber is clean and fills in well compared to the gen. The movement decoration has all wording spelled correctly (which was an issue with past models), and looks the part, even though it will rarely be seen. The bracelet is hefty and feels secure when locked down, and the engravings on it are similarly crisp like in the case. The multi colored lume is average for a rep, but looks to be applied cleanly and evenly.

The grey dial looks as good as it did in the promo pictures, but lacks the luster compared to when I tried on the gen in an AD. For a rep, this is acceptable, and expected due to the different dial materials used between the gen and rep. All dial markers are even and, aside from the slightly misaligned chrono hand, everything lines up perfectly. The chrono also works perfectly, due to accidental hitting the pusher when adjusting the bracelet upon arrival, which ran for several minutes without issue. This model also features the black balance wheel as per gen, as well as a functioning minute/second combined subdial as per gen. Although this feature won't get much (if any) use, it's nice to have something more mechanically similar to the gen.

CA7kLD.jpg

6NN6Oj.jpg

odqC4n.jpg

uCNIWP.jpg

kIJ0Kj.jpg

rmncTi.jpg

z5lfp9.jpg

D

d4m.test

Nice watch buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Great looking watch. I'm a huge Omega nut. I love that orange color, it really ties everything together imo.