• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gmt Master 3186 CHS

Freeflyer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/17
Hi All,

I received a GMT Master II with the clone 3186 movement and CHS and absolutely love it. I set the time and date using the jumping hour function and it worked great. I've heard about the issues with the movement, we'll see how it goes. Ill provide updates when issues are encountered. The finishing of this watch is really striking, I'm excited!

Reactions: nothingelse

JSwatch

Horology Curious
9/5/17
Nice watch.
I have the Blac/blue one, also with the CHS clone 3186 movement from ZF. I had one issue, that the movement not was assembled well, so after some weeks, I could not wind it manual. Send it back, they fixed it and now it works perfect. I regret a little bit, I bought the black/blue, where the insert have a small issue with the line in the 6 and 8 in 18 number. I You shall have a good look in normal light, but in special angels it's visible. So I think your choice with full black insert is the right choice.

Reactions: drlprieboy
D

d4m.test

Looking nice on the wrist! I didn't notice anything off with the bezel when looking at your picture. Hopefully we will both have good luck with the 3186. How long have you had yours?

D

d4m.test

It's been a few days of monitoring and enjoying the watch. This thing is keeping great time. It's -1s after ~ 3 days!

JSwatch

Horology Curious
9/5/17
Sorry late answer, I have had the watch for 8 months now and it run like a dream:)

D

d4m.test

Great looking watch! Do you mind sharing how much you paid and who your dealer was?

Gillesss

17/5/18
Mine gave in within a month, will be sending it back for a new movmnt

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Freeflyer

2/9/17
It's been 10 months now since I've received the GMT Master II with the CHS and it's still running great. I wear it most days and have taken it on several cross time zone trips and have used the independent jumping hour function to change the hour hand without stopping the watch or changing the GMT hand. I love the quick set hour function when changing time zones and can't believe the rep does it so well. I hope it continues to perform well.

Freeflyer

2/9/17
Another update on the watch, it started speeding up and gained 20s/d. I opened up the case back and adjusted it using the guess and check method. It took a few try’s but now it’s stable and keeps better time than ever ~1s/d.

I also bought and installed a gen bezel assembly and insert. Wow, what an improvement. I like this watch more than ever!

Reactions: mega12

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Another update on the watch, it started speeding up and gained 20s/d. I opened up the case back and adjusted it using the guess and check method. It took a few try’s but now it’s stable and keeps better time than ever ~1s/d.

I also bought and installed a gen bezel assembly and insert. Wow, what an improvement. I like this watch more than ever!

amazing thank you for your updates

drohalloran

25/11/14
This is great to hear that the movement is still stable. I've been really interested in picking up one of the GMTs but I've been scared off by others experience. I think it's worth the chance now

Freeflyer

2/9/17
It’s still ticking away and keeping great time. I saw that the noob v9 is now available which is made of 904l steel and has the CHS movement. That might be a good option for those that don’t want to wait for ARF to release their version with the clone movement.

Freeflyer

2/9/17
Still going strong, yeah baby! Doesn’t sound like ARF is coming through with the GMT2 :(