• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MK IWC Mark XVI small review (pic heavy)

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
Hey, folks. Wanted to post a quick review of my new Mark XVI, share my cheer with you and contribute to this great forum.

3F1dvSczLa8.jpg

Description (from InTime website):

Size: 39mm x 11mm

Movement: Asian 2892 automatic movement at 28800 vph

Strap: Genuine Leather strap

Case: Solid 316L stainless steel case

Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with double AR coating

Dial: Superlumed dial and hands with the same dial texture and genuine

Clasp: Tang buckle

I absolutely love the size and craftsmanship of this model.
I haven't seen gen, however, I've seen and tried the gen Portofino. The feel and look of Mark XVI rep is identical, I can assure you.

Size: This watch is so much smaller in real life, it was a huge surprise. Nevertheless, I can say that it's perfect for me. It's rather thin, you can easily slide them under a cuff.

Movement: 2892 should be very reliable, but we'll see about that on a long run. Right now there are no stutters, manual winding works perfect. 4-6+/day, which is ok.

Strap: Crap.

Case: Perfect, can't complain. No scratches, everything is done just the right way.

Crystal: I'm not an expert in AR coating, but it seems rather good.

Dial: Dial is actually good, the only difference from gen is thickness of small dial marks, which is not something you should worry about(you can always install gen dial on it). Lume is 1:1 colour to gen.

Overall, this watch is amazing and I'm completely happy with it. Waiting for the gen canvas strap to come :)

P.S. Was very pleased to work with InTime. Whole process (payment, QC, shipping) took approximately 3 weeks. Thank you!

Here are some pictures, enjoy:

16oKAuX4BOg.jpg GM07qRa2-AQ.jpg wVaKHbAnwIA.jpg 5B6X3uIxxG4.jpg FAgyAg1a2zs.jpg -7PR7UxnXuw.jpg XRoFK1Uy-vk.jpg tRL2GSz50WE.jpg

Attachments

• -7PR7UxnXuw.jpg
    -7PR7UxnXuw.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3F1dvSczLa8.jpg
    3F1dvSczLa8.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 5B6X3uIxxG4.jpg
    5B6X3uIxxG4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
  • WA4TlD8K3r4.jpg
    WA4TlD8K3r4.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 16oKAuX4BOg.jpg
    16oKAuX4BOg.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FAgyAg1a2zs.jpg
    FAgyAg1a2zs.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 2
  • GM07qRa2-AQ.jpg
    GM07qRa2-AQ.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 2
  • tRL2GSz50WE.jpg
    tRL2GSz50WE.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 2
  • WA4TlD8K3r4.jpg
    WA4TlD8K3r4.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 2
  • wVaKHbAnwIA.jpg
    wVaKHbAnwIA.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 2
  • XRoFK1Uy-vk.jpg
    XRoFK1Uy-vk.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 2

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Dial: Dial is actually good, the only difference from gen is thickness of small dial marks, which is not something you should worry about(you can always install gen dial on it). Lume is 1:1 colour to gen.

Agreed on almost everything.

I just wanted to add, if you compare rep and gen dial in the flesh you can find significant differences:
- gen dial won't be tilted like most rep dials
- wording on gen is much crispier and "white", same for attached markers
- finishing is obviously better on gen

I agree those differences are hard to catch on internet but obvious if you have the dial in front of you

One more thing, crown is quite thicker and visibly different.

That said, my Mark XVI Spitfire with gen parts is probably my preferred watch. Ideal size for a 6.8" wrist.

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
Agreed on almost everything.

I just wanted to add, if you compare rep and gen dial in the flesh you can find significant differences:
- gen dial won't be tilted like most rep dials
- wording on gen is much crispier and "white", same for attached markers
- finishing is obviously better on gen

I agree those differences are hard to catch on internet but obvious if you have the dial in front of you

One more thing, crown is quite thicker and visibly different.

That said, my Mark XVI Spitfire with gen parts is probably my preferred watch. Ideal size for a 6.8" wrist.
Agree.
I still need to pick up a dial and a crown for it.

JDnTexas

Known Member
20/11/17
Great photos and write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIMMESUMREPLICAS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/13
Great review. The watch looks sharp, conservative, and timeless. Good job on this pick up.