• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swimming with time piece?

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
14/5/18
Gonna change them then.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Esslinger sells them. Otherwise, just install a gen crown. The rep tube will accept it. This and a gen crystal passed a 40 ATM pressure test. Results will very as some are not machined as well.

j4ckyzz

Horology Curious
8/8/17
I swim with a noob v7 sub and jf AP diver, no problem so far

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
why do you guys need to tell the time while swimming? Most gyms or pools have large clocks for this reason.

though i suspect most people who ask this just want to try and look cool in the pool..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
why do you guys need to tell the time while swimming? Most gyms or pools have large clocks for this reason.

though i suspect most people who ask this just want to try and look cool in the pool..

Truthfully, my eyesight is crap and I can't see the clock without glasses so I'm kinda stuck needing a watch if I want to keep track of time. Getting old is hell....

Reactions: RepPossessed

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Yep. Agree. Nothing wrong with that tho.

My iPhone is for telling the time. Lol

A (supposedly) £10k watch is a statement piece....closer to jewellery than a tool IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

I live where being in a pool is an everyday routine, so since I’m wearing my watches when I’m outside the house I’d feel silly to remove my watch when i go to the pool..

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I live where being in a pool is an everyday routine, so since I’m wearing my watches when I’m outside the house I’d feel silly to remove my watch when i go to the pool..

so i assume you bought something that is practical for the pool and not a replica?

So what do you do with your other belongings like you wallet n stuff when you go to the pool? you will need to remove those also wouldnt you? put them in a locker? Thats a good place for your replica..

Im just yanking your chain Lorenzo haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
The only time i used a rep in water was on holiday and didnt wanna leave it on the beach, outside that.. i cant think of any viable excuse for taking the risk.

If you value your rep.. just dont do it. Unless you have had it tested of course

plenty of times my customers have asked for advice on what they should do after getting water in the watch

and they have said things along the lines of "i dont understand. i went in the pool plenty of times and it was fine before"

Last edited:

Kvdnwh86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/17
My opinion is just swim with it, I know some people with gen pieces they all swim with there watches because they are scared to leave it anywhere unprotected! I recently bought the V9 sub and swum with it in the sea and pool always gave it a rinse afterwards and it works fine!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
I have a couple of Vostok Amphibias I use as gym (pool) and beach watches. $70 automatic divers - never had a problem.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Being able to tell the exact time has never been a requirement for me when I am in the shower or swimming. Body clock is good enough to tell me when I’ve had enough etc.

I once had a brand new gen omega leak on me....since then I keep my watches away from water.

Pressure test is a static water resistant test. It’s not fully representative of a moving wrist in water (dynamic test). Hence why my gens ain’t going anywhere near water...and I treat my reps as gens as well.

I don’t have sufficient expendable income to risk putting a £10k Rolex “diver” in water.

Joe15

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Interesting topic. I like using my watch when i´m at the beach or pool. My zzf v2s was tested to 60m at two different machines and past with no problems , so i guess i´m fine for swimming. My advice is testing

Tonylaa

Horology Curious
13/7/20
Interesting topic. I like using my watch when i´m at the beach or pool. My zzf v2s was tested to 60m at two different machines and past with no problems , so i guess i´m fine for swimming. My advice is testing

How do you test your watch?
I will buy a sub noob v10, and a dayjust ARFV3, and i really want to swim with. So interested to test watches

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
I use an ARF 116610LV for holidays in pool and ocean. I did test it first.

The stock ARF ceramic insert lost the paint from the numbers in a few days of exposure to pool and salt water.

I replaced the insert with a clean factory and it has held up very well, with no loss or deterioration of coating on insert markings.
a388248d1df9fdba2f44d99aced69e10.jpg

5ece5a348a8869b94cf3d91b8a043108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk