Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
Need your Rolex ceramic insert platinum coated? See our new vendor, USD Plating. CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Swimming with time piece?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always swim with mine but only after testing. I actually had a pam 417 when kw made the debut and that was waterproof like crazy. Never had any issues with that. Swimming surfing. Etc. out of the box
    sigpic

SIG BY MOBIUS

Wth!!! What happened to my super awesome signature mobius made!!!

***Looking for Rolex frankens. Subs 5 or 6, 16710 pepsi, explorers ***

Comment

i would not dare to do that haha

Comment

I swim with my $35 Ali rep in the sea with no problems. I forgot the first time but it was fine so I kept doing it

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise Pascal, post: 3389834, member: 149918
          I swim with my $35 Ali rep in the sea with no problems. I forgot the first time but it was fine so I kept doing it

Sent from the RWI App

You crazy crazy guy you.
          Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

My Tisell sub has been submerged a few times with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I had a friend who had a gen, went swimming with it on vacation and ended up having to fork over 3 grand for repairs.

Comment

For me I cant have a super duper all singing all dancing dive watch that cant get wet, I grease seals on all my reps and test them in a pint glass! I know its not a true pressure test but I only swim in mine and havent had one fail yet!

Comment

I wouldn't risk it. If you want you can go to a local watchsmith and have them pressure test it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it. You might be O.K. In a swimming pool but the ocean is another story. Salt water is incredibly harsh on watches. I've probably ruined at least a half dozen good quality non rep dive /surf watches. The only brand I've had any luck with that I wouldn't mind losing are the Citizen Eco Drive divers. I surf most every day and those watches are absolutely bullet proof. In regards to a Chinese Rep. forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

i have been using all my gens, Submariner, Steinhart Ocean One/44, Tah Hauer, that is water resistan in the pool, shower, and swiming/snorkling.
                      Think i will test the rep when i get it at the local watchsmith and look at gaskets.

Comment

I have a 9 year old crappy rep Explorer II, Never had it service and have swam a 1000 times with it, pools, ocean, surfing etc and it still keeps ticking. The paint has come off the numbers on the dial and it is pretty beat up. Acutally going to replace if I can find a great REP worth spending the money. Trying to find the best air king black face with green second hand now first, but have not found any TD's that say they are 1:1 yet.
                        Here is mine 9 year old explorer.

After sharpie work on the numbers.

And her sister got safely home today.

Comment

This question draws an analogy to Ferrari owners. There is a group of owners who probably never speed in their car, that keep it garaged except for Sunday drives and never take it to the track. Then you have owners who race their vehicle every weekend and push the vehicle to its limits and beyond. It’s all in how you want to appreciate your Ferrari, or your watch. Either way, I hope you enjoy it in good health!

Comment

Originally posted by JDnTexas View Post
                            This question draws an analogy to Ferrari owners. There is a group of owners who probably never speed in their car, that keep it garaged except for Sunday drives and never take it to the track. Then you have owners who race their vehicle every weekend and push the vehicle to its limits and beyond. It’s all in how you want to appreciate your Ferrari, or your watch. Either way, I hope you enjoy it in good health!

This x100. It all comes down to your own preference and how you want to appreciate your time piece in your own way.

Comment

Any ideas why crown is still leaking? Did test mine and crown is leaking. I greased it well.

TC V6.

Comment

I have taken my JKF Tudor Sub swimming a few times to the local pool. It survives the deep end of 1.8m and doing 25m lengths of breaststroke underwater on the bottom.

i did pressure test it first and I soak the whole watch in pure silicone oil afterwards. I don't like the idea of the chlorine staying on it. My Gens, I don't even second guess if they water resistant.

It looks awesome underwater and embarrassingly even at nearing 40 years old, I still like to play in the pool that I'm a Marine Nationale diver..

Comment

Working...
                                X