• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean full review plus Gen vs Rep compro

D

d4m.test

brilliant review . could you recommend which td would have the best rep

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
Good eye, I probably wouldn't be able to spot most of those things.

pamevolta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
6/1/20
amazing and in-depth review. Thank you for taking the time!

The 42mm is my favorite PO and I was thinking of getting it but seeing that it has that many flaws even after so many rounds of revisions I am taken aback :(

peter4103

1/7/17
European Union
Great review! Having the VSF PO rep (partly orange bezel -with the insert-, and crystal case back with 8500 decorated movement, I know that the watch looks and feels like the gen which i still had when I received the rep. I compared them back then and felt both are the same, but have not had such a detailed look as you did with this post. Thanks so much for sharing this!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Great review! Having the VSF PO rep (partly orange bezel -with the insert-, and crystal case back with 8500 decorated movement, I know that the watch looks and feels like the gen which i still had when I received the rep. I compared them back then and felt both are the same, but have not had such a detailed look as you did with this post. Thanks so much for sharing this!
Yeah, I can confirm your observations. I have a VSF PO 42mm with the A8500 clone and it is super close to gen.

But keep in mind that comparing our current day VSF reps with a 14 year old, non-factory "branded" PO (the review at the beginning of the thread is from 2008!) creates a massive apple-oranges kinda situation. The two aren't really comparable is what I'm trying to say. 😉

Reactions: peter4103