• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of TWP Chopard Gran Turismo XL - Lots of Pics!!!

maxse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/06
this watch is looking better and better the more I find out about the "ultimate" and the stuttering seconds hand.

This one runs smooth correct?

Also could someone please post a comparison shot or just an exmaple of the flaws. For example the "mirror" image of the wording on the cg or something? And supposedly this buckle is not accurate as opposed to the "ultimate." Could you guys post a comparison photo please.

The comparison pictures at RWC are no longer working. Thanks.

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
About to push the button on one of these, prob the one with white face, can someone tell me what strap size it takes? Thinking of pairing it with a nice brown croc strap :)

Cheers!
monty

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I love this piece, great review. There is only one thing that bugs me and its the same thing that bugs me about the HBB. The scrap book press on letters on the rotor. I don't know why it gets to me but it does.

Sean K

AFIARTIS

29/8/06
watchband update

for anyone reviewing the 1000Miglia reviews :) , a quick update: with a Galuchat/StingRay band, the watch looks COMPLETELY different, and quite intersting IMHO

Photo51.jpg

Photo52.jpg

It is now very baroque-Versace-ish, or plain strange (the band color goes from brown to burgundy to white…Ânot to mention the texture and the shine!). It is much more comfortable than the original stiff rubber, and actually fits the spirit of the watch nicely: this is supposed to be a visible, slightly show-offy piece (look at me shine!), rather on the excentric side - the motor connection being , for me, more common and less interesting . But that's just me, perhaps…

digi

Known Member
2/9/07
Yannou said:
anyone tried the waterproofing of it ? (shower or bath..) :wink:

yes, shower, steam, swim, fine for my one and it runs the 21J. AR is superb (its as good as my B&R). On my wrist alot, but my Bentley Motors T is now on most of the time. Soon the HBB will be. kekekeke.

This GT is definately a must hv. Love the strap to death!! I even use my tire conditioner to condition it. :lol:

digi

Known Member
2/9/07
seank1 said:
I love this piece, great review. There is only one thing that bugs me and its the same thing that bugs me about the HBB. The scrap book press on letters on the rotor. I don't know why it gets to me but it does.

Sean K

I hv seen versions with immaculate letters. Just the luck of the draw. Mine is not as good as the one I saw recently at another rep mall.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Re: watchband update

AFIARTIS said:
for anyone reviewing the 1000Miglia reviews :) , a quick update: with a Galuchat/StingRay band, the watch looks COMPLETELY different, and quite intersting IMHO

Reeeeallly.... :roll:

pic002.jpg

AFIARTIS

29/8/06
OK, you made me do it…

more sting shots, then :)

CHOPARD1.jpg

CHOPARD2.jpg

CHOPARD3.jpg

CHOPARD5.jpg

CHOPARD4.jpg

NEXT: who's posting some rally watchband pix? :)

Bailman

Here for a long TIME!
Certified
1/8/21
Delaware
I do have this watch and it's excellent. Almost a spot on copy of the gen. I can't find any faults on it at all. I agree that for the money this is the best rep out there. It's been on my wrist for the last 3 days. Quite a feat because I have about 70 watches and rarely wear the same one 2 days in a row. Thanks Prince, you're the greatest :D
any suggestions on where to purchase one like this ? i’ve been looking but can’t seem to find one for sale. Great looking watch !

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
This is a quick review of the new Chopard GT XL. This particular watch was purchased from The Watch Prince. TWP is known for providing great service, and quality watches. This was my first order from TWP, and I was not disappointed. TWP charges $115 for his version of the Gran Turismo, including shipping. He has earned a spot on my favorite dealer list.

As you can see this is the black dial version. The GT XL is also available with a white dial. There are two different grades of the GT available. The first is labeled “Ultimateâ€
To repeat what others have said. How do I get one. You name people but I don't know who they are. How much was it in total after modding?

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
To repeat what others have said. How do I get one. You name people but I don't know who they are. How much was it in total after modding?
I don’t think you do. I wrote this post 16 years ago. This version is long gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horace_Derwent