• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16234 DateJust Build

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Some may have read the story about my 16233 DateJust build with diamond dial. However, my original plan was to have a 16234 DateJust built for me as a keeper.
So, in parallel to the build of the 16233 DateJust, I already started sourcing parts for my 16234 build. It was clear to me that I didn't want to compromise on the choice of parts here, so I looked for a very nice white dial, either a "Buckley" or a "Compute", also known to some as a Jubilee Dial. After some time, I then found a really very nice white, no almost cream "Compute" dial, which I then immediately bought. Unlike the reference 16233, only the fluted bezel of the reference 16234 is made of white gold, the other parts, such as crown or Jubilee bracelet, are made of steel and therefore not only very well available but also reasonably priced.
Unfortunately, the availability of the SK case, which I appreciate very much, was not ordered to the best, but I was in good contact with the manufacturer and therefore also aware of the temporarily limited availability. Actually, I wanted to buy three cases - two of them in the limited version with drilled lug holes - but the version with the drilled lug holes did not meet the quality expectations of the manufacturer. Therefore, I first got a standard case sent, as usual not engraved, which I had individually engraved for me in Europe. Although no one sees, but gives me a better feeling. Shortly after receiving the case I found a "no lume" hand set that would match to this watch. A matching "no lec, no ar" crystal I still had here, as well as a 604 crown, also a freshly serviced VS 3135 Clone movement, so I could then send all parts together with a 62510 Jubilee "Italian Bracelet" to the workshop for assembly.
Today I got the watch back from the workshop, more pictures to follow.

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Specs as follows:
  • SK Case (new version)
  • Gen WG fluted bezel
  • Gen White "Computer Dial"
  • Gen WG no lume hands
  • Gen 604 Crown
  • Gen 25-295 "No AR, No LEC" Crystal
  • Serviced VS 3135 Movement
  • Italian 62510 Bracelet from markiemark
  • Case Engravings have been done by a local supplier
And here are some Pics of the Build

jVRLLF.jpg

jVRert.jpg

jVR5E2.jpg

jVRW3E.jpg

jVRayn.jpg

jVRqmY.jpg

jVRmcs.jpg

jVROSk.jpg

jVR6HW.jpg

jVRIPD.jpg

jVR1rJ.jpg

Case engravings:
jVRyeo.jpg

jVR9EP.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nom_deplume

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
You can't beat a five digit datejust with some texture or interest on the dial. Awesome job. I like this so much!!

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I've been dying to find a case to start my own five digit build with diamonds on the dial. So it's great to see what can be achieved.

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Cases are available on the bay again.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
very nice! This looks superb!

I need to say that I've always found the no lume hands strange :p but he!

Is this worth the premium compared to a raffles case in your opinion?
Sounds drag and drop if you have a clone mvmt

Reactions: joeyc