• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How I built my ultimate VSF DJ41 - Franken Review 126334

GG2019

Patron
Certified
23/12/19
Uk
Wow!
I have a similar build on going atm!
where did you find that gen bezel!? So hard to find
Also after some white gold hands

Here’s mine.
vsf DJ 41
gen dial
gen crystal
gen dw
gen bracelet
gen 3235 rotor

Reactions: mega12

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Wow!
I have a similar build on going atm!
where did you find that gen bezel!? So hard to find
Also after some white gold hands

Here’s mine.
vsf DJ 41
gen dial
gen crystal
gen dw
gen bracelet
gen 3235 rotor

Great to see and good luck

Indeed I built the watch only because I was offered the gen bezel. So the bezel was the first part I had and I knew that this was a rare find. Then I started to source the watches and all other parts. Hands were also not easy but worked at the end because they are not that rare. It’s simply that no service store needs them at the moment.

You have to know, the DJ41 was released in 2017. According to Rolex warranty guidelines, each watch has a minimum warranty period until 2022. Means, there is no little jewelers and stores working on these models at the moment because every malfunction or warranty claim will be handled by official Rolex Service directly. So there is no need to order parts and stuff like that for little jewelers.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I Would give you 1.200 Euro

LOL, I give you the benefit of being a newbie. Everything else would be ridiculous. The bezel itself is worth much more and I think I mentioned clearly not to sell it like that… Good luck and try to get familiar with some rules and behaviors on this forum. Otherwise, I fear you might not have a long stay…

McPwn

21/9/20
Out of curiosity, what did the thickness come out to in the end?

Chinaa108

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/22
great write up, just a quick one, can the VS3235 from a sub fit in a DJ, also if I have a GEN date wheel for DJ, will it fit the one for the SUB. Please do let me know

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
great write up, just a quick one, can the VS3235 from a sub fit in a DJ, also if I have a GEN date wheel for DJ, will it fit the one for the SUB. Please do let me know

The gen 3235 as well as the VSF 3235 has two different main plates for the date disc.
Subs are using a different plate than DJs. Both have also different date discs with different part number. The movement itself will fit but the date disc won’t fit and also won’t match with the dial alignment if you mix it up.

Reactions: PabloE123

Chinaa108

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/22
thank you for the info, what if take the date plate from a VR3235 and add it to the VS3235

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
thank you for the info, what if take the date plate from a VR3235 and add it to the VS3235

They won’t fit as far as I know. Never tried myself but the VR3235 has based its construction on a 3135 movement. Hence the parts are bot easily interchangeable

Mounour

Looking Around
29/5/20
Thank you , for your point of view it’s look like VSF better than CF , so what do you suggest because I’m planning to do a Franken DJ , I have gen dial and gen crystal and now I’m sourcing for gen DW, regardless the cost I’m thinking to use the CF case & bracelet with other part of VSF + above gen parts , and have 2 watches franken VSF and CF with VSF case, do you think this is best option or no need to purchase CF Datejust and just do the franken at VSF will be enough ? And do I need to do any more franken , since we don’t have a watchsmith in my country so I can’t do the rehute polish and case fix as you did :) thank you

reclaiimer

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/4/22
Brilliant post. I will be doing the same thing shortly. I am based in the UK. Do you think a recognised watchsmith like Timpson would do the mods for me?

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Such an excellent review and information, thanks!

I just placed an order for a VSF 126300 (smooth bezel, oyster) and noticed the clasp engraving.

Does anyone know if the VS clasp engraving being single line engraved is completely wrong? I'm comparing it to some photos of the gen, which seem thicker... almost 3 engraved lines

Gen:
zZDT7n.png

VSF:
zZDP8E.jpg

Last edited: