• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Rules Supplement (reminders)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
All previous rules apply, but just a few reminders.

1. Don't jump in a someones sales thread and start pointing out that the price is too high or that the Valjoux doesn't belong in a Sub, instead PM the OP and kindly guide them.

2. Don't sign up and use multiple user accounts. If you have more than one now, because you couldn't log in, email a staff member so we can delete/merge the other(s). You need to do this now. If I find any that are being used daily/weekly in tandem, I will ban first and ask no questions later. This is just common sense people.

3. If you want to sell here for a profit (dealer), ask an admin first. If we say no, not now, that means we are not seeking your services at this time. Don't let us catch you doing it via PM or via a Members registered email either. This is also a ban-able offense.

4. If you sell in the members sales area (Not for profit, watch flipping) , follow the simple rules. Read them. We have better things to do than to ask you to correct something like an incorrectly tagged picture. Do it right the first time, ask questions before you post. We are not a paid staff, we volunteer, help us so we can have the time to help you. FWIW, we have the easiest selling criteria of all the fora but it takes a lot of work to keep it safe. Again, put in the time and effort please.

Thanks for your time and we appreciate the courtesy of reading the rules and asking questions first.

Sincerely,

R2 on behalf of RWI Staff.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Thanks, R2, for the common sense reminder.

I should point out too, that I've been away from RWI for a few weeks, and I haven't banned anyone in AGES. So don't give me an excuse to pull the trigger because I've got itchy fingers. :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I agree that we should not thread crap, but shouldn't a seller be prepared to prove his claims and his basis of value estimation? Don't you think we should point out blatant inaccuracies (or lies) and inflated values (which is also against the sales rules) before a helpless Noob jumps on a sale?
We don't allow selling for a profit and we are supposed to keep this a safe place for Noobs, so why only send the OP a PM but leave the mis-information or price-gouging un-challenged on the thread? What if the OP ignores the PMs? I'm not trying to cause trouble - just wanting to understand where we draw the line.
If Hooli or Francisco or Col. or the like advertise a watch as out-of-the-norm and worth more than from a new dealer, then at least we have some basis on which to believe the accuracy of that information. But if a Noob with 4 posts (who may himself have been ripped off) says the watch is worth much more than a new one from our trusted dealers and claims an unusual movement with no photo evidence, then I feel it is prudent of us to raise a yellow flag until more information can be obtained lest another Noob get ripped off while we all trade PMs behind the scenes.
That's just my $0.02, but I'll certainly abide by the rules of the forum. I just think this issue needs discussion and clarity.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Level, good point. When in doubt send it over to a sales Mod who can flag it and lock it. My point is that a bandwagon of stone throwers usually follows. That's what I am trying to minimize. Example.

I have a Rolex Dweller Super DUper with Valjoux 7750 for sale.

The right way: You say, Ok mate that is probably not correct. Sent you a PM and notified sfaff so we can get this figured out.

The wrong way: LMAO you dumb noob, WTF is a Valjoux doing in your Sub and why are you charging 400.00 God Damn dollars for it, that is ridiculous!

I am not trying to pick on anyone and you have a right to say something, just follow some protocol.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Noted Ah. Who can you ban? Hmm. :thinking: I am sure we can find someone. :)

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Noted Ah. Who can you ban? Hmm. :thinking: I am sure we can find someone. :)

I could stamp out Levelmanroger for you. How dare he question the authority and judgment of the esteemed R2D4????

Just kidding. :)

BTW, LMR, what are you doing on RWI? Don't you have some other very important issues to tend to?

Ricalg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/10
New to RWI need info on good quality watches from dealers

Does anyone know which dealer or individual that sells quality rep watches like 1:1 ratio. Eyeing to purchase any Panerai or Bell & Ross models with sapphire crystal and stainless casing.I would like the watch have a similar feel and weight as the original. Has anyone purchased from Perfectwatches.net & Puretimewatch.com which dealer sells better quality Rep watches? Thanks

chumengjui1008

Looking Around
2/7/12
But if a Noob with 4 posts (who may himself have been ripped off) says the watch is worth much more than a new one from our trusted dealers and claims an unusual movement with no photo evidence,
g.gif

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I'm fairly Noob but have been on RG, for a year. The forums are a great place for so much information. I don't know how to sell on RWI, but I'm sure that will come in time. The hardest thing on price are people modding and getting all Franken then expecting full reimbursement of their time and initial decision to fix something that may not have been necessary. I see this a lot on other forum. It's still not appropriate to crap on the thread but pm or pm moderator if it's obscenely ripping of any noobs. Usually admin will be on it already.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Always a good idea to send us a "report post" message as well mate, that way the sales guys get on to it ASAP. If they don't know they can't do something. If it's crazy over priced the old hands will say something in the thread, they know the location of the line that once crossed frees them to have a go at someone.

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
Does anyone know which dealer or individual that sells quality rep watches like 1:1 ratio. Eyeing to purchase any Panerai or Bell & Ross models with sapphire crystal and stainless casing.I would like the watch have a similar feel and weight as the original. Has anyone purchased from Perfectwatches.net & Puretimewatch.com which dealer sells better quality Rep watches? Thanks
I purchased a Rolex Daytona $199.00 plus W/U fee, from Perfectwatches.cn. I had it approx 1- 2 weeks and the hour hand will, woukd not move past the #11 (11 o'clock). They bugged the shit outta me when i was messaging them about different models of watches to buy, but when i had that problem, they (customer service)kinda shunned me and/or just ignored me. I had to send the watch, at my cost to a outta state repair person, Im kinda pissed and have no nice words to say about Perfewatches.cn. ; what had a big influence on my purchase, was the fancy website and the constant sales people messaging me, but all in all, their CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKED in my matter.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I purchased a Rolex Daytona $199.00 plus W/U fee, from Perfectwatches.cn. I had it approx 1- 2 weeks and the hour hand will, woukd not move past the #11 (11 o'clock). They bugged the shit outta me when i was messaging them about different models of watches to buy, but when i had that problem, they (customer service)kinda shunned me and/or just ignored me. I had to send the watch, at my cost to a outta state repair person, Im kinda pissed and have no nice words to say about Perfewatches.cn. ; what had a big influence on my purchase, was the fancy website and the constant sales people messaging me, but all in all, their CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKED in my matter.

You just quoted a post from 2010. Why?

sent from my Samsung edge plus v6s

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
. .. . .. .well, Puretimewatch has been closed
e9721ea687487dfb17f66bee98efa961.jpg