• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Mexico

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
Hello Everyone!! A new member from Mexico, new to the forum, but with old love for watches. I'm not an expert in any way, use to have a gen collection, but had to sell them due to sickness of my Kid. I saw a replica being sold on the street and was really impressed, so I decided to import for myself. So far in a month I have done business with a few TD, buying like there is no tomorrow.

Regards to all
Jose

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
Querétaro, QRO, Thanks for the welcome feeling from you guys!! Glad to share

newbierolex

Horology Curious
22/5/16
Yep, Tulum, Mexico here [emoji106][emoji1166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
Just got back from Tulum, awesome place, not just from the natural landscape but also from the richness of the cultural mixture of the international community living there. Saludos!!

joseangel_cj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/16
Hey Man welcome !! I do live also in Mexico... Gdl to me exact.
have you had any troubles with Customs by now? hope you can post some of the crazy buyings

Enjoy

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
have you had any troubles with Customs by now? hope you can post some of the crazy buyings

Enjoy
Hi tocayo!!

Had not had any problems with customs yet but was a little scared to see DHL clears customs at USA and then México.
So far in about a month :

2 panerais
2 AP
1 Blancpain FF
2 Tag Carrera
1 zenith
1 JLC NAVY seal
1 Hublot
1 Vacheron Constantine
1 A&S

The forum has keept me busy ja ja ja. Most are intro reps though

chirote1

Horology Curious
11/3/13

Enjoy
hello, and had problems with customs in Guadalajara :/

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-08-26 a la(s) 10.26.07 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-08-26 a la(s) 10.26.07 p.m..png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Captura de pantalla 2017-08-26 a la(s) 10.26.15 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-08-26 a la(s) 10.26.15 p.m..png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
Qué mal!
Yo sólo use Trusty Time una vez y enviaron los 2 relojes por DHL, no tuve problemas pero no volví a usar DHL. Todo me llega por EMS. Si en algo te puedo ayudar cuenta con ello. Qué relojes traía la guía retenida? Un abrazo

gapple

Hola/Hi,

A few years ago I moved to Mexico and I stopped buying reps because I heard that everything gets checked by customs. I tried shipping some supplements that I could not find here, and they would not release them from customs. I called DHL and they told me I needed permission from somebody in the govt to import them. I assumed that watches would be the same.

How did they handle the 17% tax?

joegut

Known Member
12/3/17
Hola/Hi,

A few years ago I moved to Mexico and I stopped buying reps because I heard that everything gets checked by customs. I tried shipping some supplements that I could not find here, and they would not release them from customs. I called DHL and they told me I needed permission from somebody in the govt to import them. I assumed that watches would be the same.

How did they handle the 17% tax?

Hello Gapple, you can buy replicas, ask for EMS shipping, not bring more than 2 at the same time, ask for an invoice for $20 USD each watch, and do not try to make business with them, you don't need to worry about any taxes.

Supplements are a very different issue since they need special permits and testing to be imported.

I'm in Querétaro any help you need I will be happy to help.