• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from NYC

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
Hi Guys, just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm a recent college grad about to embark on the path to med school, while working on a biotech startup based in NYC.

My biggest passions are music and photography, especially how they work. I've made carbon fiber violins and tinkered with cameras. I shoot with a Leica; for those who don't know (or assume it's a rich-boy toy), it's a more than that: it's a purely mechanical camera without the bells or whistles of a modern camera. Basically why most of us here prefer mechanical watches over quartz or digital watches =p

I, being a male, don't really have many ways to express my own fashion ideas except through clothing and jewelry, namely watches and rings, which I guess initially drew me into RWI! So here I am. After being a lurker for the past 6 months, especially during the 2016 crash (thank you mods), I saw how much I enjoyed reading everybody's posts and how much I learned about watches and the rep industry in general. This forum was actually my go-to during study breaks from the MCAT. So when the forum came back up, I thought it was right to contribute in some way as a token of my appreciation, so there you go =p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having hopefully a more prominent presence here, learning a lot more, and contributing to this great forum!

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Welcome aboard. It's a great place. Don't forgot to post on raffle thread tone entered to win as a new supporter.