• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi from the UK

specitim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/12
Hi all,

I'm a long time member (since 2012 I think!) and read the forums daily. Haven't felt the need to post before, but given I've just gone on a splurge on the M2M sales, thought I'd better do an introduction!

As a male in the business world, I like to dress well and accessorise - however there is only so much you can do when you wear a suit and tie every day. Sure, you can change these things up - and you also have options with cufflinks and belts too - but there are cultural abnormalities I've noticed, especially in different countries. For example, in London it's perfectly normal to wear pocket squares and ties, but in Asia, the US, and Australia this would be seen as over-dressed (I'd be called a wanker for wearing a pocket square in Aus...)

I therefore love watches as they are (one of) the only acceptable pieces of jewellery that you can wear and change every day, in any culture, without a second thought or glance from anyone. The horological life is prohibitively expensive, so our little community and hobby is one of the most enjoyable that I've had over the years, and continues to enthrall me today.

My collection of gens and reps:

Gens: IWC 5713 Doppelchrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Frederique Constant Horological Smartwatch, Huawei W1
Reps: PAM 332, PAM 535, PAM 356, IW5007, PP5712
Incoming (m2m): IW377709, IW377714 (PP), IW377706 (PP)
WTB: SD4K (rep), Daytona (gen)

I also have an unhealthy obsession with alligator straps!

The level of knowledge in this community is fantastic and I will try to make a more active effort to contribute :)

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Welcome, nice of you to finally
"come out" and introduce yourself !

JM79

Known Member
17/1/17
Hello specitim!

From a fellow UK watch lover and someone else who enjoys dressing well. I'd never think twice about wearing a tie and pocket handkerchief. Beautiful timeless ornamentation to a man's outfit that become all the more eye-catching due to their rarity these days. Keep up the good work!