• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need to sell a few of my replica, any advice?

dodgerblue

Horology Curious
1/4/10
Hi everyone,

I have a few replicas that I've picked up from trusted sellers through the site over the past few years, and I realize its time to part with some of them because they don't get enough wrist time any longer.

Problem is: (1) I haven't kept track of exactly which trusted dealers I purchased each from, (2) I'm not sure which movements are in which watches, so I can't really describe them well, and (3) I don't really have the time to post photographs and sell.

Wondering if anyone knows anyone on the site who's interested in taking doing consignment and splitting the proceeds?

Thanks for any suggestions!

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
If you really want to have someone else do this for you, you'd have to mail all of your watches to them, which is a lot of trust in them and in customs... plus you'd have to cut them in on the proceeds, I imagine. It's also kind of a bad precedent for M2M sales in general. See below by @trailboss99

The best bet is to take tagged pictures and put them up for decent prices. Can you dig up paypal receipts at all?

(Also, for M2M here, you'd have to have at least 30 posts.)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Um, no not going to happen as proxy sales are verboten. If you don't have the time looks like you are stuck with them.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You don't have time to take a few pics and write a post? How about becoming a supporter, and then sell them as a complete lot for someone else to keep or break up. How much time can that take?

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
That's a fine suggestion from teddy. You'll probably just need to get a high sales value authority to go with your VIP membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Literally takes me 5min to take pics and upload them and start a post.

Chicken8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/15
I can understand your pain. Not everyone is as dedicated to the rep game as well as dealing with the time and effort required to sell a watch

it can be quite the hassle to check in on your thread if you're not a regular visitor to the forums

Consignment does like a good feature for RWI to add to help out members who don't have the time to manage a sales thread themselves