• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings from NZ

skody

Known Member
13/4/14
After years of thinking that replica watches were only found in night markets and dodgy stalls through Southeast Asia and the life expectancy of such watches was normally over by the time you got home from holiday or at the end of the working week after getting one from a colleague along with 10 others at work. I stumbled upon RWI and was absolutely blown away by sheer level of quality and knowledge that exists though this and other replica watch forums.

I have always collected only "genuine" watches of various brands and my collection is always heading in different directions. At the moment I'm heading back down a Seiko path.

As far as replicas go, apart from a couple of low end "diamond like" encrusted pieces of kak I had sitting in my sock drawer I acquired a higher spec piece from a well known builder. I have compared this side by side with a gen and it's incredibly close.

I am truly astounded at the level that some of these reps are being produced and the level of detail that people putting into these pieces to achieve an even better replica than is provided off the shelf.

Enough ranting, time to learn a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hello! :D

And welcome!

giphy.gif

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Welcome from across the pond

I acquired a higher spec piece from a well known builder. I have compared this side by side with a gen and it's incredibly close.

Pics or it didn't happen!

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Welcome, which part of NZ are you in?

giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Mikey101

5/5/17
Ah, a fellow Kiwi, I'm based in Tauranga. Just started collecting I love it.

Sent from my iPad using RWI