• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your headphones?

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I'm in a weird situation -- I have glasses, which is relatively normal, and then I have a behind-the-ear cochlear implant processor on my left ear, which is less normal. This means I'm SUPER picky about my headphones because a bad set will pinch everything and my entire left ear will hurt for a while.

That having been said, the last three pairs I've owned have been great:

Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO -- returned because I bought them for work and the open backs, while they sounded fantastic, were not great for the workplace.

Beyerdynamic DT1770 PRO -- returned because I couldn't tell a difference between these SUPER expensive cans and...

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 -- Comfortable, light, good enough for half-deaf me.

comex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/17
Superlux hd681 evo on computer and soundmagic E10 on phone. The superlux sounds great for 30$

drummerman

Known Member
2/5/17
I love Bose quiet comfort earbuds. I definitely prefer on/over hear but for public transit, they're to most portable option that allow me to continue to enjoy my music without cranking the volume when a train comes by

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
B&W P7 for home and Klipsch x12 for outside. wireless earbuds (forgot the brand but true wireless no wires). Can't speak highly enough of the P7 or the x12. I had the x10 and X11 before it. You can find good deals on those sometimes still. Best fitting and sounding in ear phones I've used (used to use shure and stein). I'm a B&W fan boy as I love their sound.

livingfire835

5/4/16
I'm a huge fan of two over-ear headphones:

Sony MDR 1000X: Awesome sound, HiFi/audiophile level sound codecs built in (but you'd need a Sony audiophile level player to hear it, otherwise all media is upscaled), with absolutely AMAZING active noise cancellation. Seriously, I tested the Bose QC 35s and the Sonys, and I bought the Sonys without any qualms. Fantastic, and not flashy at all. You do sacrifice a bit of sound quality for the ANC, but if you fly often its worth it. Also, it comes with a mini-USB to USB cable, which is generally used for charging...however if you plug it into a USB port on your laptop, awesome sound with ANC and charging all at once!

Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear (Now called HD1 for some reason): Wireless Sennheisers that sound as good as they look. They are more comfortable than the Sonys, but the ANC isn't as good. That doesn't matter all that much though since the sound quality is fantastic and edges out the Sonys slightly. The sound isolation is pretty darn good. Only problem is, they're slightly older than the Sonys and generally priced more. If you can find them at a discounted rate, then grab these.

livingfire835

5/4/16
I'm a huge fan of two over-ear headphones:

Sony MDR 1000X: Awesome sound, HiFi/audiophile level sound codecs built in (but you'd need a Sony audiophile level player to hear it, otherwise all media is upscaled), with absolutely AMAZING active noise cancellation. Seriously, I tested the Bose QC 35s and the Sonys, and I bought the Sonys without any qualms. Fantastic, and not flashy at all. You do sacrifice a bit of sound quality for the ANC, but if you fly often its worth it. Also, it comes with a mini-USB to USB cable, which is generally used for charging...however if you plug it into a USB port on your laptop, awesome sound with ANC and charging all at once!

Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear (Now called HD1 for some reason): Wireless Sennheisers that sound as good as they look. They are more comfortable than the Sonys, but the ANC isn't as good. That doesn't matter all that much though since the sound quality is fantastic and edges out the Sonys slightly. The sound isolation is pretty darn good. Only problem is, they're slightly older than the Sonys and generally priced more. If you can find them at a discounted rate, then grab these.

Oh and if you have glasses, both of these options work well, especially the Sony

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Zelgadis

26/7/12
I had a lot of headphones even the feared "Beats" which some people do not even want to call headphones but the winner of all is AKG they just have the best and most balanced sound for me so I would recommend checking them out.

Miss Enigma

Known Member
26/3/17
I've had many headphones and for me finding a pair that have comfort and quality is paramount. I recently bought Bose QuietComfort 30's, however after 2 sets in 6 weeks I returned them as Bose have major issues with crossbody interference. So when you turn your head it cut out everytime! For £269.99 you don't expect that. So I opted for QC35's. Yes they are more expensive at £329.99 however they are formidable quality. Extremely light, optional noise cancelling and not bulky. Definitely understand when looking at tech reviews why these top the charts. 20 hours wireless battery life or 40 hours wired off one single charge. These are the best headphones I have ever owned.

Sent from the RWI App

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Bowers and Wilkins p5. Phenomenal sound clarity, very comfortable. Best set I ever have owned.
Seconded. I have the P7's. Best earphones period. Had shure and seinhouser and B&W wins for over ear. In ear surprisingly the klipsch X11-20 range is my favorite by far. Most comfortable and smallest footprint with best reference sound.

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
I've been producing/mixing for 6 years ish. My KRK Kns-8400s have served me more than well :)

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I only swear by the Etymotic ER4-B
Once you get used to the Etymotic sound, every other IEM on earth would sound muddy with poor detail-retrieval and isolation

5dqCWg6l.jpg

D

d4m.test

I have a pair of plantronics BackBeat GO3 and they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Marcoman

Known Member
23/10/16
Interesting thread.....here's what's in my stable:

Audio Technica ATH-M50x - over ears for listening at home
Sony MDR10RBT - Bluetooth option
AKG K451 - on ears for commuting
Ultimate ears ?? - cheapie (as in were heavily discounted) on ears for hacking around
Philips sports "in ear" with neck band - for the gym

I can't wear in ears which used to bother me as a kid as I used to want to be like the cool kids with their in ears and baseball caps combo! I tend to look at ear phones other than the bose and the sennheisers as I think there's better value out there for similar quality....

rollingthunder

24/3/18
Sennheiser IE80. They sound amazing but i've RMA'd them about 2 or 3 times now for one earbud giving out on me.