• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Special Offer: JKF Vintage Rolex 1680, 5512/5513/5514/5517, 1665 Series

bny107

Known Member
8/3/17
Could you send me the picture link as it did not come up in the post,thank you!

regards

從我的iPhone使用RWI 發送

Ben446

Looking Around
21/1/14
Does anyone have experience with how waterproof these are? I am sure there is an official scale but for my purposes:

0 Leaks like a sieve
1 Good in shower / rain
2 Good in Pool (up to 8 ft)
3 Can Dive with watch

If they leak, can someone recommend a modder that can waterproof it up to a 2

Thanks

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Does anyone have experience with how waterproof these are? I am sure there is an official scale but for my purposes:

0 Leaks like a sieve
1 Good in shower / rain
2 Good in Pool (up to 8 ft)
3 Can Dive with watch

If they leak, can someone recommend a modder that can waterproof it up to a 2

Thanks

Late response but this might help someone: I had mine tested today and was surprised to find that it's water resistant to at least 50m/5 atmospheres. I had a JF 16610lv tested last week and it wasn't waterproof at all..was surprised to find the JKF 1680 was waterproof considering how easy it is to remove bezel, retainer ring and crystal.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone have the 5517? I'm curious to see what reference they used in between the lugs. I'm guessing 5512 or 5513.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Late response but this might help someone: I had mine tested today and was surprised to find that it's water resistant to at least 50m/5 atmospheres. I had a JF 16610lv tested last week and it wasn't waterproof at all..was surprised to find the JKF 1680 was waterproof considering how easy it is to remove bezel, retainer ring and crystal.

I'd be really careful with this. The JK factory classics/vintages use plexis with a slightly larger inner diameter, while the fit is still snug enough it's not as snug as it should be to provide good (~50m) water resistance. The factory uses a thin rubber gasket placed on the outside of the rehaut, some are installed well some are warped and twisted- read: damaged.

So please exercise caution.

Cheers
babs.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Does anyone have the 5517? I'm curious to see what reference they used in between the lugs. I'm guessing 5512 or 5513.

Unfortunately JK factory dropped a ball on the 5517 model and went down a route of least resistance. It appears those early JK factory, purpose-made 5517 cases with the correct engraving between the lugs and solid lug bars are thing of the past now. I bought two of these recently (last 5-6 months) from different dealers and ended up with exactly the same, the case came with 7928 (Tudor vintage Sub) engraving between the lugs on both watches and had drilled holes for spring bars.
If you take into the account this and that pretty much everything else on this watch OOS is 'wrong' to be able to represent the real 5517 even a bit - I'd advise you to stay away and look elsewhere or wait for another factory to come out with this model. It's bound to happen sooner or later, vintage models have been all the rage for some time now and the rep community interest for a decent 5517 or Omega vintage 1964 2nd gen Seamaster 300, is still high.

Last edited:
Reactions: raymondo1965

pinocchio

Looking Around
10/6/15
Italy
looking for a Rolex ref. 5513 military!
you have one? maybe eta Swiss. can you send me some photos? thanks a lot

WatchAd

Known Member
15/4/20
Hey MR.

I’m really interested in the 5514 COMEX (Asian Movement) but have neither to skills or the tools to age the hands and drill the lungs...safe to say the only thing I could manage myself would be adding scratches as I am a completely noob to modding.

Is modding something that you would be prepared to do, if we agreed on price and the exact mods to be made and how etc?

Look forward to your reply and comments from anyone that knows of or is a “mod person” that can help.

Cheers

syd01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/16
Is this offer still valid?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

lobby

Horology Curious
2/1/21
Sent two emails to order but have not gotten any reply after a week.

lrbk

Known Member
12/2/16
Just landed 18 days after first email. Fantastic service from M! Thanks for the speedy QC, and shipping to Uk took only 9 days.
Will be a project to get it aged and looking how I'd like, but if anyone has any tips for tightening down the comically loose bezel I'd love to hear them.

Reactions: anj4de