• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyers beware - Bad experience with marvellous, lost time and wu fees

quasar97

Horology Curious
27/5/17
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with this trusted dealer.
My personal advice is to go with others, M will force you to accept the first quality check, even if the watch is very flawed (bad flaws and no, i'm not nitpicking). I tried to reject a watch from him and he started sayin that reps can't be perfect, that another watch will have other problems, and that if i'm not happy i can take refund and go to the next dealer (his exact word). Well yes, is what i've done.
The experience with M will be smooth only if you accept and don't care if the particular watch is of a bad stock or with very bad defects.
Just prices and the fact that he accepts western union are the pros of buying from him. Otherwise, if you are searching not a perfect rep but an acceptable one, well you will end up losing time and some money.

Cheers,
quasar97

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes, pics of this hideously flawed time piece.

MrOptional

8/10/18
... found this thread. Do you have pics?

I was just wondering because I am going thru rounds of QC with other TD. I ordered 2 watches and after 2nd round of QC I still can't accept ... and I am not nitpicking either.. thx

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
M would tell other TDs beware of this buyer. He is too anal for a fake watch. He expects the fake watch to match genuine but only wants to pay a fraction of the genuine price.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
M would tell other TDs beware of this buyer. He is too anal for a fake watch. He expects the fake watch to match genuine but only wants to pay a fraction of the genuine price.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

To be fair known flaws and QC issues are two different things . He could be expecting his $500 fake watch to be a flawless copy of a $10, 000 gen , and be a turd . However the watch could have serious qc issues, only pictures will decide the issue.

Reactions: JDM180

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
To be fair known flaws and QC issues are two different things . He could be expecting his $500 fake watch to be a flawless copy of a $10, 000 gen , and be a turd . However the watch could have serious qc issues, only pictures will decide the issue.

I agree with you. I shouldn’t said what I said without seeing the pic, but I’ve seen so many similar cases which buyer bashes TD because of minor micro flaws and the TD just decides to be “done” dealing with buyer due to irrational expectation.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I agree with you. I shouldn’t said what I said without seeing the pic, but I’ve seen so many similar cases which buyer bashes TD because of minor micro flaws and the TD just decides to be “done” dealing with buyer due to irrational expectation.

Your scenario is probably correct . I notice Marvellous offered an immediate refund , he accepted it and moved on . So to be honest why post the thread in the first place , not something i would do seems a bit cuntish .

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with this trusted dealer.
My personal advice is to go with others, M will force you to accept the first quality check, even if the watch is very flawed (bad flaws and no, i'm not nitpicking). I tried to reject a watch from him and he started sayin that reps can't be perfect, that another watch will have other problems, and that if i'm not happy i can take refund and go to the next dealer (his exact word). Well yes, is what i've done.
The experience with M will be smooth only if you accept and don't care if the particular watch is of a bad stock or with very bad defects.
Just prices and the fact that he accepts western union are the pros of buying from him. Otherwise, if you are searching not a perfect rep but an acceptable one, well you will end up losing time and some money.

Cheers,
quasar97

We would all love to see pics. We are anxiously waiting.

Reactions: tkingjr

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
TD just decides to be “done” dealing with buyer due to irrational expectation.

Yep. That’s what I would do as a TD.
It’s also funny that the buyer says he/she is not particular but never post QCs.

Reactions: efajri

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Wow these QC pics are awesome

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Never will see the light of day . I suspect he doesn't know whether he is in the Co-Op or the Maypole when it comes to rep watches . Definitely one of the 'which is the bestest Submariner ' , ' which is the bestest ever ever Rolex rep ' and ' where can I get a box and papers ' brigade .

Reactions: tkingjr and efajri

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Never will see the light of day . I suspect he doesn't know whether he is in the Co-Op or the Maypole when it comes to rep watches . Definitely one of the 'which is the bestest Submariner ' , ' which is the bestest ever ever Rolex rep ' and ' where can I get a box and papers ' brigade .

lmao

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
https://imgur.com/a/2p8j9xE

Here's the qc pics. Posted on reptime for second opinion at the time and everybody said that the sels are really bad on this. Not an acceptable rep imo

What the hell is “Reptime?” I do see the space on the SELs of which you are speaking. It would not have been a deal killer for me as it would not have been visible while wearing the watch. That’s the problem with highly magnified photos. It does warrant additional photos.

quasar97

Horology Curious
27/5/17
What the hell is “Reptime?” I do see the space on the SELs of which you are speaking. It would not have been a deal killer for me as it would not have been visible while wearing the watch. That’s the problem with highly magnified photos. It does warrant additional photos.

reptime is a community on reddit about rep watches. Honestly i have seen a lot of qcs of the 114300, and sels were not perfect but much better compared to my qc from M

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

It's Reddit dude - get with the times.

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
After looking at those QC pics I gouged my eyes out with a butter knife! Those awful SELs are now forever burned in my memory.

Reactions: tkingjr

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
https://imgur.com/a/2p8j9xE

Here's the qc pics. Posted on reptime for second opinion at the time and everybody said that the sels are really bad on this. Not an acceptable rep imo

You said in your post the watch had lots of bad flaws ? I can only see one the SELs ! HOWEVER to be completely fair to you Quasar , the gaps in the sels on the watch are awful IMO . I would have REJECTED that watch as well . The watch looks spot on to me perfect apart from the SEL gaps , I would expect my TD to see the glaring flaw and source a new watch . It looks like other more experienced members are refusing to agree with this LOL . Perhaps they are correct the macro shots exaggerate the actual gap , but I would definitely ask the dealer " can we try for another watch chap ? "

Where we differ is if the dealer said " it doesn't come any better than this so I can only give a refund " . I would have accepted the refund and tried to purchase the watch elsewhere . Not attempt to run down the dealer on an open forum .

So apologies for my previous flippant remarks , but Marvellous did give you a refund . So just move on and buy the watch elsewhere.

I had a similar situation with a TD buying an Omega LMPO which had a number of minor flaws which I wasn't keen on at QC . He told me they " don't come any better than this ". I didn't throw my toys out the pram I just purchased a different watch after a bit of friendly advice and discussion.

Last edited: