• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hard time choosing between these 3 watches

OTF_300

24/6/16
Hi,

between the following 3 watches, which one would you go for?

Are there any noticeable flaws? The watches aren't cheap so kindly let me know your honest/detailed opinions if possible and rank them in order of 1 to 3 in terms of not getting called out.

They're mostly gonna be on my wrist and of course I understand that there will be weight differences for the Patek and Rolex since the retail watch comes are made from white gold. I'm just talking strictly about wearing them in general around people who wear these types of watches, (real ones).

I believe the RM that I posted is currently the best RM rep out there, correct? If any RM experts are in here how does the one I posted compare to the RM055 from ZF?

https://chazingtime08.co/products/rm...er-strap-nh05a

https://chazingtime08.co/products/da...acelet-eta2836

https://www.intime05.co/patek-philip...et-ppf324.html

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
.....The watches aren't cheap....

Dude, listen.
If your main objective is not being called out, then you must know that YOU are the biggest tell of any rep. If you know how to play the part, even a 10$ beach watch will look gen on you.

So, the fact that 388$ isn't cheap for you, should tell you that you'd rather spend that money for something else.

You could wear the best and most expensive rep there is, but you're not going to be believable if while hanging out with your friends, who wear 200k+ watches, you order some sparkling water, since the wine they are getting is too much for you lmao

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Dude, listen.
If your main objective is not being called out, then you must know that YOU are the biggest tell of any rep. If you know how to play the part, even a 10$ beach watch will look gen on you.

So, the fact that 388$ isn't cheap for you, should tell you that you'd rather spend that money for something else.

You could wear the best and most expensive rep there is, but you're not going to be believable if while hanging out with your friends, who wear 200k+ watches, you order some sparkling water, since the wine they are getting is too much for you lmao

Million percent

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Agreed with the above 2 gentlemen.

However, my ranking would be:

1st : RM
2nd: Day-Date
3rd: Patek (because your arm might actually get chopped off)

But again, like the 2 gentlemen above mentioned. These watches, the biggest tell of them or any rep is the person who wears it.

I like to pick a watch that I LIKE but also SUITABLE with my lifestyle. In saying, people will actually believe that I can afford these watches. This is why I stick to my stainless steel sport models.

OTF_300

24/6/16
Dude, listen.

I understand where you’re coming from ahaha, but I was obviously talking about the Patek and the RM being high priced, and that’s just when compared to other watches being sold from TD’s

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Wow, they are so different from each other. You’re not going to wear the RM where you could wear the other two so the RM has to be your toy/fun watch.

My choice DD. My choice for you RM :thumbsup:

Reactions: OTF_300

OTF_300

24/6/16
I think I’m going to avoid the RM because of the movement, a clear look at the watch from up close if you understand anything about watches you should be able to tell that it’s a rep. It’s sad that there aren’t any RM movement clones.

So I’m limiting my choices to the watches below.

I’ve decided to include the Royal Oak Diver as an option, if a TD can provide it to me with a low beat movement, not sure which one would work (Help anyone?) and have instant date change around 12 o’clock like with the 2836.

so it’s either the Royal Oak, DayDate, or the Patek.

To sum it up the goal here is to have a fun watch that attracts attention and doesn’t have obvious flaws really

OTF_300

24/6/16
Million percent

Would you kindly help me out? I'm about to place an order for the DayDate, there is a new version with the white dial that comes in 904L ss, and there is one with the olive green dial but in 316L ss.

I've owned the green dd before and it was a fantastic watch but I lost it.

Now in regards to the thickness, both watches are from bp factory and the white one is supposed to be an upgrade so I don't understand why they would list the thickness as 13mm instead of 12.5mm or even 12mm since many td's claim exact same thickness as genuine. Is it because they are measuring it with the sapphire glass as well and their measurement isn't really accurate?

I'm now stuck between those two watches, guidance would be really appreciated.

https://chazingtime08.co/products/da...ident-bracelet

Intime offered me the White one with an ETA 2836 movement for $538 + $40 shipping

I can get the green dial one for $388 + 40 shipping

If the 904L ss isn't really going to make a difference in terms of finish and if the watch looks worse maybe then I don't want to waste my money over a downgraded watch, so I just want to make sure.

Oh and I'm buying the Patek as well, will post some pictures hopefully when I receive it :)

Last edited:

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
I think I’m going to avoid the RM because of the movement, a clear look at the watch from up close if you understand anything about watches you should be able to tell that it’s a rep. It’s sad that there aren’t any RM movement clones.

So I’m limiting my choices to the watches below.

I’ve decided to include the Royal Oak Diver as an option, if a TD can provide it to me with a low beat movement, not sure which one would work (Help anyone?) and have instant date change around 12 o’clock like with the 2836.

so it’s either the Royal Oak, DayDate, or the Patek.

To sum it up the goal here is to have a fun watch that attracts attention and doesn’t have obvious flaws really

Agree regarding the RM, it's fun but never going to play the role of 'the watch'.

I like the look of the Royal Oaks and its a much better choice.

As for the green dial vs white I would choose the white. For me I like the lighter blue.

Good luck and enjoy.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Would you kindly help me out? I'm about to place an order for the DayDate, there is a new version with the white dial that comes in 904L ss, and there is one with the olive green dial but in 316L ss.

I've owned the green dd before and it was a fantastic watch but I lost it.

Now in regards to the thickness, both watches are from bp factory and the white one is supposed to be an upgrade so I don't understand why they would list the thickness as 13mm instead of 12.5mm or even 12mm since many td's claim exact same thickness as genuine. Is it because they are measuring it with the sapphire glass as well and their measurement isn't really accurate?

I'm now stuck between those two watches, guidance would be really appreciated.

https://chazingtime08.co/products/da...ident-bracelet

Intime offered me the White one with an ETA 2836 movement for $538 + $40 shipping

I can get the green dial one for $388 + 40 shipping

If the 904L ss isn't really going to make a difference in terms of finish and if the watch looks worse maybe then I don't want to waste my money over a downgraded watch, so I just want to make sure.

Oh and I'm buying the Patek as well, will post some pictures hopefully when I receive it :)

The 904 makes a little difference, easier to polish up and I think it looks a bit better. The 316 is stronger and resists scratching, I don't like the sound it makes when used to make the bracelet. The 904L feels and sounds luxurious, you know the difference in your hand.

Last edited:

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Have you considered a Datejust? Its a similar looking watch to the day date and the rep is far more accurate because the materials are correct. VSF and ARF make very high quality reps of these. The day date in full gold is a very heavy watch on the wrist because gold is two-and-a-half times more dense than steel. If you are worried about getting called out, don't get a steel rep of a gold gen. :)

Reactions: lo_guru

jowill923

Looking Around
8/4/21
You're looking at watches that sell for 6 figures here bud, at the end of the day... buy what you like and makes you happy, but these aren't going to be watches that will be faithfully repped in a way that closely aligns to gen... especially the iced out Nautilus...

Plus, you're probably not gonna be able to pull these off unless you're wildly rich anyway, in which case... why would you not just buy the real thing? :D
I've always felt reps of truly super high-end examples of horological artistry are pretty much moot haha - just not worth it IMO!

Reactions: BarchSimpson

OTF_300

24/6/16
The 904 makes a little difference, easier to polish up and I think it looks a bit better. The 316 is stronger and resists scratching, I don't like the sound it makes when used to make the bracelet. The 904L feels and sounds luxurious, you know the difference in your hand.

I ordered the Patek, but so far having extreme difficulty getting accurate information about the Day-Date from BP, the 316L version is advertised with 12.5mm thickness while the 904L version is advertised with 13mm thickness.

I don't understand the reason behind this since with the 2836 movement they should be able to achieve identical thickness and dimensions when compared to the retail 12mm.

Now there could be a possibility of them measuring it with the sapphire glass, so I assume the 12.5mm green dial one should be 12mm without the sapphire glass?

If anyone in the thread owns or has any idea which one of the bp daydates has the correct thickness I would love to hear your opinion so that I can know which watch to buy, because correct thickness is a deal breaker for me with the Rolex's.

https://chazingtime08.co/products/d...904-ss-white-roman-dial-ss-president-bracelet

https://chazingtime08.co/products/d...n-roman-dial-fluted-bezel-ss-bracelet-eta2836

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
The real DD is 12mm. The BP 228206 DD advertised on another TD site states the BP is 12mm as well.

1mm will never be noticed. There are going to be small measurement differences in the listings, just take your time cross referencing like you are and guess. I would guess both BP watches are actually the same thickness.

Remember, these reps are meant for your enjoyment, not to pass a Rolex test.

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
I will agree to everything that is previously mentioned but I would also like to add that there are watches for different purposes. Do you want a daily watch? Do you want a dress watch? Do you want a show off watch? It all comes down to your personal preferences and how/when/where these watches will be demonstrated. For example, I wouldn't go out jogging with the full iced PP lol. All three pieces you mentioned are good as long as you do your study and find the factories that create the most accurate models.

Completely personal approach: I like to keep the reps simple with as less complicated movements as possible. For instance, I'd rather get a 1:1 fluted datejust on jubilee instead of a "naked" RM showing everything that can prove it not to be gen. But yet again, it's all personal approach!

Whatever you go for, enjoy wearing it in good health!

Bmtt88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/6/20
Personally I don't think i would ever go with a rep RM... To a layman it just looks like a tacky watch and to those who know what it is would definitely call you out instantly which doesn't make for a great ownership experience. The bling patek i guess you'd get some novelty factor but ya as the others said unless you can afford the lifestyle to back it up i would feel silly wearing it.

The day date is prob the only semi wearable piece as it has brand recognition but not many people would know how much the gen costs.

You'd honestly get more satisfaction with a stainless steel sports model rolex than those 3 you've listed. And if affordability is a factor BP or noob and zzf junior versions offer great bang for buck.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk