• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Raided and Down

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Just got word that ARF has been raided and shut down today!

Is it just me or has the Chinese government stepped up their enforcement?

Reactions: stockwatch

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I hope its not because some factories have turned "Sammy the bull gravano" and are snitching on the ones that are still doing business.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Does China’s legal system allow for plea deals and immunity from prosecution in exchange for information?

centrum

27/7/14
My guy says AR is one of the factories that have closed temporarily among other factories. I'm not sure if AR got raided.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
My guy says AR is one of the factories that have closed temporarily among other factories. I'm not sure if AR got raided.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Perhaps that is more accurate. Here is what I got:
“we just got the news , ARF closed from today . seems some factories raided again today , and nearlly all the factories closed from this afternoon”

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@roland8906

Just because you’re the OP

giphy.gif

But seriously thanks for the info. Like many other factories which got raided, they will be back don’t worry. Noob is supposedly closed but I’m still getting 2-3 QC pics for noob daytonas for guys who ordered them for modding. Watches are still being sneaked out from the factories which are supposedly closed but at a much slower rate.

Take heart and looking forward to the next set of lines drawn by you (sorry can’t resist) :legend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
@roland8906

Just because you’re the OP

giphy.gif

But seriously thanks for the info. Like many other factories which got raided, they will be back don’t worry. Noob is supposedly closed but I’m still getting 2-3 QC pics for noob daytonas for guys who ordered them for modding. Watches are still being sneaked out from the factories which are supposedly closed but at a much slower rate.

Take heart and looking forward to the next set of lines drawn by you (sorry can’t resist) :legend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I see I have become a source of humour...

Seriously though, I’m am relieved that Noob’s heart is still beating! I would hate to loose them! I and my customers are looking forward to their V12 Submariner... I will be sure to draw lines and obsess. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Wacht and legend

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oh, I see I have become a source of humour...
Seriously though, I’m am relieved that Noob’s heart is still beating! I would hate to loose them! I and my customers are looking forward to their V12 Submariner... I will be sure to draw lines and obsess. :thumbsup:

You took it on the chin like a champ, so hats off to ya Sir.
The guys on here are super helpful at all times, but also like to play around, so :)

Thank you A btw, the owl gif is now saved on my phone for pestering my non-RWI mates, cheers :)

In all seriousnes though, thank you for the update re ARF, its first hand updates like this that are helpful to the community, not what ifs, rumours and supposition.

Have a great weekend.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
From what I've read on other reps forums, Chinese govt is on warpath, but. And this is a big but. Watches are such a small segment with respect to garments and other fashion goods that rep watches are likely to survive.
Ig nit in china then in india

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

watcher71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/06
Georgia USA
Every time I find a watch I want to order lately, there is a raid. I was just about to order a ARF single red sea-dweller. Do dealers have these in stock if factory is down or do all of their orders have to come directly from factory?

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Every time I find a watch I want to order lately, there is a raid. I was just about to order a ARF single red sea-dweller. Do dealers have these in stock if factory is down or do all of their orders have to come directly from factory?

Welcome to the way it is. I have been waiting for a particular watch to be built for 6 months and just when my hopes rise VSF gets shut down.

Reactions: watcher71

BMW M

3/2/16

Feeling the exact same... wanted a VSF DJ then they got raided.. then wanted a Noob Daytona... raided. Then I finally settled for the ARF Daytona... raided. Thankfully I sourced a DJ on the secondary market recently.

watcher71

12/7/06
Georgia USA
Feeling the exact same... wanted a VSF DJ then they got raided.. then wanted a Noob Daytona... raided. Then I finally settled for the ARF Daytona... raided. Thankfully I sourced a DJ on the secondary market recently.

A TD just formed me the recent ARF raid did not happen. Internet rumor I guess?

MrDaydate

Horology Curious
17/5/21

Yes, that is what I understand as well. Carefull to not throw the info around to much though. We don't want them to be raided due to info of their activity spread on forums...
I have orders pending!!

BMW M

3/2/16

I spoke with a few TDs that didn’t give me a straight answer but what they did tell me is that ARF isnt available at the moment

Last edited:

alexbpm

Looking Around
11/1/21

Same. I attempted to place an order for VRF Planet Ocean 42mm just days after they too were raided and shut down. Still waiting to place an order

mr1973

17/3/06
Maybe, just maybe, they're all just relocating and/or restructuring. Whatever, I'm pretty sure they need to react in some way.

They're everything but stupid.