• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipmenet to Germany after UK Brexit

exia78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/14
All items entering the EU and originating from the UK can be subject to Customs checks - doesn't mean they'll check every parcel coming into your country, but if they do and there's a fake Rolex inside you'll have problems - especially if you are in Germany or France.

So basically the TDs provide the best way they know how to get the package entered into the EU; however, if the package is confiscated, they are not responsible, we the buyer bear the risk, is my understanding correct?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So basically the TDs provide the best way they know how to get the package entered into the EU; however, if the package is confiscated, they are not responsible, we the buyer bear the risk, is my understanding correct?

No, read the T&Cs of the TD - the TD should know what the best method is to get the parcel into your country, and if it is seized, most TDs will reship a watch to you, but only once - if it's seized a second time then you've lost the watch.

Reactions: exia78

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
If you want to order i suggest using a td that doesnt use the uk route. I order last week and my seller send with 4px via belgium. I live in Germany, it seems like 4px has a filial in germany where they send the packages. My package since the beginning had a shipping label from dhl in german, sender address was german. It took 6 days from China to Germany. If the packages comes from the UK as the others already point out it might be subject to custom check or for sure you will have to pay vat.

Reactions: recan1ze

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
To lower risk of getting custom checks dont use ups or dhl. I ordered last week some camera equipment from a private seller from the uk and he shipped with ups and i got hit with taxes and brokerage fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: recan1ze

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
If you want to order i suggest using a td that doesnt use the uk route. I order last week and my seller send with 4px via belgium. I live in Germany, it seems like 4px has a filial in germany where they send the packages. My package since the beginning had a shipping label from dhl in german, sender address was german. It took 6 days from China to Germany. If the packages comes from the UK as the others already point out it might be subject to custom check or for sure you will have to pay vat.

Li’s last watch also came with 4px over the netherlands as far as I can remember. Everything went perfectly and it was here very quickly

Reactions: Jayalvin777

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth
I confirm custom issues with parcels sent from UK to EU. I got some things ordered from Sead in November, shipped from UK first week of January, now the parcel is stopped in Customs Office...it is not a watch, are accesories so most probably I will have to pay VAT and taxes...I will update with info as soon as I will get it