• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[SCAMMER ALERT] krob12196

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a scammer thats lurking among us: KyleR12196. Claims his name is ********, living in Chicago
a few weeks ago I posted looking to buy a Noob Rolex Sky-dweller, "kyle" reached out to me offering to sell me his. sent me pictures and videos of the watch, looked good to go and sent money via zelle (stupid me, i know).
Was told the watch would be sent out the next day. 24 hours later i reach out asking for a tracking code, he told me he wasnt able to send it out, bad snow storm (believable). Reached out the next day asking for the tracking code again....he told me he was deep in a meeting and couldnt talk, at this point i knew i was scammed. waited 2 more days, all of a sudden his iMessages go from blue to green, phone goes to voicemail. I message him on Reddit, but get ignored.
I know at this point im SOL, zelle has no fraud/scam policy. I should have been more insistent on paying with paypal. lesson learned....hope he doesnt do the same to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
his RWI username is krob12196
his reddit username is KyleR12196
his "phone number" is ********** - not like it makes a difference, probably a burner phone

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Link to the sale please ?

thom.son

Renowned Member
Certified
26/11/18
- Don't sent money via Zelle to whoever that does't have references

- Always buy the SELLER & the BUYER (this is weird) - in case the buyer wants to pay via PayPal Goods & Services

I'm sorry to hear that OP.

Last edited:

thom.son

Renowned Member
Certified
26/11/18
Thats a wtb request , not a sales link that needs to be approved , and is therefore not a valid sales link , if funds were transferred without a approved sales link , shame on every one involved

Bang bang bang.....you hear that OP Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rmitchell41286

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
:picard2:

Back door sale with a member who joined the forum 2 weeks ago and only has 4 posts, all of which are thread crapping of some sort... Sorry, but OP, what were you expecting to happen?

ViperGTS , what the heck dude? Slippin J nailed it.
I'm not going to rub your nose in this but I don't like being put in the position I'm in. I hate scammers more than I hate whatever this is that you did.

Reactions: saucin and Raddave

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
you guys are 100% right. allow me to explain myself a bit. as an active RWI member, i am aware of the rules and how the sales should be run. this sale actually took place off RWI, it was on Reddit RepTimeBST. I actually had asked him to create a sale thread on this forum, but he had a new account, under 25 posts...so he wasnt able to. either way, if he was a scammer and created a thread and took my money, it wouldnt have made a difference, i wouldnt have been able to get it back. I calculated all of this.

I appreciate the comments, i know very well what i got myself into. i took a leap of faith. im not using this thread as any kind of pity party or save me.....think of it as a general PSA, lesson learned, "dont let this happen to you"

i know very well this guy is probably never going to use these same accounts ever again

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ok

Reactions: thom.son

proxyserv

29/3/12
KRob12196
K**** R*******, employed as an **********************************************************, Illinois.

You have 12 hours to refund the guy you scammed on the Rolex Sky-Dweller watch. ********************************************************************************************************

J** W*********
President at **************************

T*** H*******
Vice President *********************

I'll also send the same email to ************************ etc etc .

You'll probably lose your job - who wants to have a thief in the building ? and even if you don't, I think you'll just be too embarrassed to go back to work.

Happy Holidays.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
And Boom! Here comes the Pain, Kyle.

Reactions: kavorca1

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10

You'll probably lose your job - who wants to have a thief in the building ? and even if you don't, I think you'll just be too embarrassed to go back to work.

Happy Holidays.

dude, i effing love you! haha. the internet is so ruthless.

in the case this actually gets his attention, should i have him zelle me money back? or is there a more secure method? is there a chance i can get even more screwed if he had the phone number associated with my zelle?

Reactions: sukwonee

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
I cannot wait to see how this turns out! Please post follow up with Kyle and his company!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
Update - Kyle has refunded my money. In an effort to get this resolved smoothly, I have agreed to remove his personal information off the forum and archive this thread.

Raddave can you please archive this thread, and please remove his phone number from my second post
proxyserv can you please remove your post with his employment information.
daytona4me can you please remove your post with his personal information

thank you everyone at RWI for your help.

Last edited: